Chinese-Forums

Chinese-Chinese Dictionary

L-F-J

With Chinese-English dictionaries it just gives what the word is in the other language. The English-English dictionaries give detailed meanings and example sentences. This would be much more useful in Chinese than a simple Chinese-English dictionary. Even if I don't know the characters in the explanations and example sentences, I have a Chinese-English dictionary that I can translate with.

So does anyone know a good online Chinese-Chinese dictionary? 8)

Thanks a lot!

lol :mrgreen:

Okay, I guess they aren't! But it is a sort of expression "just like" which if I didn't know how to use I'd just have to ask some Chinese friends, I guess. In that case, I may have found a good dictionary. But I'll be happy to take suggestions for other ones. :)

By the way, I found one

and what, it's a secret online dictionary that we aren't allowed to know about? Link us up!

With Chinese-English dictionaries it just gives what the word is in the other language.

Dictionaries designed for learners of the source language, such as the ABC dictionary, will give you English meaning, plus Chinese example sentences.

Roddy

PS. And where's this English-English dictionary with an entry for 'just like' then?

Yeah, sorry! :mrgreen: I did a google search for 汉语字典 and found some good links but they weren't really as helpful. I then realized the website I had been using often actually has a Chinese-Chinese dictionary on it with example sentences.

This is the site:

http://www.chinese-tools.com/

What can be found there:

Learn Chinese

Free Online Lessons

Tools

Annotation

Calligraphy studio

Your name in Chinese

Get your Chinese Sign

Converters

Traditional to Simplified