Chinese-Forums

Lyrics Help!

semantic nuance

Hi,

I know this is a place to post chinese music. I'm just wondering if I can post english music here. I guess it's a fat chance. Hence, I won't post the music here. But I really need help to understand some lyrics of this song. So, if you guys who are willing to help me out, please let me know. I already transcribed some part of lyrics, though not much. PS: The song is not long.:mrgreen: If you'd like to help, please email me. I will send you the music and my attempted transcription. Thanks in advance. :)

BTW, the song is 'In The Throes' by Liz Durrett from her >

No mp3 needed. I've got the song and have almost worked through the song for the lyrics (still missing a few bits).

Later,

EDIT: Ok, I hope I've got it:

In The Throes

If I could take it all apart

And hold it still in there

Then we could see exactly what is keeping us in love

Inspite of all of this incessant circling over us

And even what we love the most caused our ship to rock

The pretty word you knew delayed the mystery

And hung it up and let the light step through the flimsy fabrics.

I've never understood before

I've never wanted before

Oh but now I'm in the throes

Now I'm in the throes

Awesome! Thank you so much, HashiriKata! You're of great help:D Thanks to you, too, Quest, for finding the link and post it here. :D

Still, HashiriKata, can you help me with these 2?

And hung it up and let the light step through the flimsy fabrics.

Is it 'hanged it up.....'?

I've never wanted before

Is it "I've never wondered the throes?"

Thanks again!:)

I asked the lyrics help anywhere I could. Just a minute ago, someone who has that album emailed me the lyrics printed on the inside booklet of the record. Earlier with HashiriKata's transcript, and now with its original lyrics really make my day! I feel like in the seventh heaven!! Thanks for all your help. The following is from the inside booklet of the record. Hope you guys enjoy it, too. :D

In The Throes

if i could take it all apart and hold it still enough

then we could see exactly what is keeping this aloft

in spite of all of this incessant circling over us

and even what we love the most calls our ship to the rocks

the pretty way you mutilate the mystery

and hang it up and let the light stab through the flimsy fabric

i never understood before

i never wanted the floor

but now i'm in the throes

now i'm in the throes

now i'm in the throes of it

I'm pleased that you've got the printed lyrics. I knew that something not quite right with my transcription but I thought it'd still be better to post it so that it can be of some help to you and may also be corrected. In fact, I even went out to buy the CD to make 100% sure that I transcribed the lyrics correctly but the CD was just too new to be in stock in my quiet small town. :)

Thanks indeed, HashiriKata. You didn't know how much I appreciated your help. You did help a lot. Likewise, I wanted to buy the new album, but, unfortunately, I couldn't find it but 'Husk' here in Taiwan. In fact, the lyrics were from the singer herself. I wrote email to ask her where to find the lyrics on the internet. And, she was kindly and quickly enough to reply and told me that the lyrics are inside the booklet of the record, and couldn't be found anywhere on the internet. Thank you very much once again for your help.:)

真的很謝謝你, HashiriKata. 你不知道我對於你的幫忙有多麼銘感五內. 你真的幫了我很多. 跟你ㄧ樣, 我也想買這張新的專輯, 可是, 可惜的是在台灣我只找到Husk, 找不到這張新的. 事實上, 我貼上去的歌詞是我寫email 去問歌者的. 我請問她:在網路上哪裡可以找到歌詞, 想不到她很好也很快就回覆我的信, 並把歌詞打給我. 她告訴我歌詞只附在專輯的內頁, 在網路上是找不到的. 再次深深感謝你熱心的幫助.:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi SN,

I've finally got the album (It took a while because I could only mail order it.)

I don't know about editions for other countries but the one I've got has only 2 lyrics printed (=The Mezz & In the Throes).

Anyway, if you like "In the Throes", you'll like the album as most of the songs in it are of similar quality.

(If there're any songs you'd like to try, drop me a pm with your email address and I'll be able to do something about it :mrgreen: )

Hello HashiriKata,

Wow! so cool! I still cannot find it in Taiwan. Though I use the internet a lot, I still don't trust any deal via the net. I don't buy things on the net because I don't turst the secure system. But thank you so much for the offer. I really appreciate it!!

真是太好了! 我在台灣還是找不到. 雖然我也常使用網路, 可是我不太信任網路上的交易. 我從來不透過網路買東西的, 因為我不信任它的安全性. 真是感激你的提議. 我很謝謝你.:)