Chinese-Forums

Renmin Daxue

huaqiao06

hi all,

Does anyone about fees, class sizes, teaching methods for foreign students at Renda?

I've checked their website but it's constantly down, and can't find much specific in the extant threads here.

If you enrol through PRC Study, you can do electives (language-oriented or otherwise) on top of normal classes at BLCU/Beida

http://www.prcstudy.com/electives.shtml

Does anyone know if such electives are available for people who enrol directly? (also at BNU & Renda)

Also do BNU/Renda offer intensive courses (6 hours a day, instead of 4), like BLCU?

Ni hao Huaqiao,

I think you've interpreted BLCU intensive Chinese courses for 4 hours a day is a mistake, a misunderstanding, it's inaccurate. I believe the intensive classes in BLCU are 6 hours a day; similar with BNU/Renda's intensive courses. Regarding your question about "fees, class sizes, [or] teaching methods for foreign students at Renda," I believe the fees are the same for BLCU and BNU/Renda because both universities are competitive, and trying to keep their costs similar for us. (I use the word us for non-native chinese). Class sizes differ from normal classes to intensive classes, perhaps an estimate of 20 people or so... based on other's observations. For the teaching methods, I'm not really sure about their lectures. If the professors want to indulged student's minds, perhaps they will use Socratic Methods of teaching, if not, maybe pure spontaneity in their classrooms. I hope you found something you're looking for stated above.

Zai jian,

Doug

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Has anyone applied for the mandarin course at Renmin da xue?

I would like to enrol on their course this september,

but I can't seem to find the appropriate form/link on their website :(

I have also noticed that there is little mention about the course at Renmin so far,

would anyone like to share their experiences or have any opinions about it?

(e.g. teaching, location, accomodation)

Any comments will be most appreciated :)

Thanx.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I will be attending Renda in september, through my universities exchange program.

From what i have understood from the previous exchange students, it should be a decent Chinese program.

As for info on enrollment try this link

It's on the English language homepage of Renda...

My own question is how easy is it to find an apartment or shared apartment near Renda? What kind of pricerange for decent living? How are the dorms at Renda anyway?

Hi bcit1998,

Had a look at the China homestay website. Looks good but do you have any feedback for them?

Have you personally used their services for a homestay and/or know anybody who has used them? Particularly for a long term homestay?

Any info would be great. Obviously, don't want to miss out on getting a place in halls if the homestay doesn't pan out.

Thx

• 4 years later...

Hello,

I have i few question Could You help me, I got a scholarship on Renmin University of China, and Do they have office , who helps foreigners find a apartment or room in dorm. Because they told me, that dormitory is full, evrything is booked. Anothers question, it's possible to register earlier, because I will be to China on 27 August??

Thank You