Chinese-Forums

Mouse-over dictionary

mirgcire

• 4 weeks later...

You probably want something like this if you want to automate it. But to be honest this I suspect it's better to leave the text blank and let users apply whatever methods they prefer, perhaps with links to a few recommended tools.

There might be something similar out there, I don't know. But like you say, I think anyone likely to want pop up translations knows how to get them. I've played with them on this site, but there never seemed to be that much interest.

still about MDBG, I bought a license few month ago and the soft is still great.

but I get two annoying bugs :

_the first one can happen with everyone, if the software is ON you can't use copy/paste (ctrl+c/ctrl+v), it's pretty annoying but it's okay since turning it OFF in the taskbar just solve the problem

_the second one is realllyyyy annoying, but won't annoy most people here. When I use dreaweaver (to create website) it turns pages from unicode to chinese. EVERYTIME I open a page... And this, even if MDBG is OFF in the taskbar, so I have to shut it down everytime I'm using dreamweaver ;( quite a pain. anyway if you do not use dreamweaver you won't have this issue so... all good.

hope a developper from MDBG is reading that :|

• 1 month later...

debman3

I'm not really happy about their purchase and activation procedure. They suggest that u install the app by downloadin' & runnin' an online installer (so u can't even keep the original app ). The next step will be to activate the product which also requires u to be online. What if I want to re-install & re-activate the product but I'm offline? Do I do the whole thing again?

Have you tried Pablo?

Just did on Xp.

Like:

Easy to install.

Dict. install automatically

Can use in any Win application.

Don't like:

Pinyin characters are not clear to read

Does not work with MSN and QQ

The last point is the knock out point for me. Hope you fix that soon.

PS: The MDBG is way too expensive. For $10 they could get a few 1000 users in sort time but with their pricing it's more for a selected few.

3074_thumb.attach

Edited by flameproof

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...