Chinese-Forums

notarized diploma copy?

limsilas

hi guys,

i'm applying to a couple language programs in beijing now so i can just decide later, and i noticed that the BNU application requires a diploma photocopy that is "notarized by the issuing organization." are they serious? i'm already having my official transcripts sent to them, and i'm thinking a standard photocopy should be fine. however, i e-mailed somebody there and he said it should be original or notarized, but that seems excessive.

anyone have experience with this? can i just get it notarized by some local third party notary?

also, one of the CSC scholarships wants a "notarized diploma" too. any idea what exactly that means?

it seems that beida only requires a standard photocopy.

An official transcript will be fine - usually they are imprinted with the school seal, which is really all that they are looking for in a notarized copy anyway. I remember that BNU wanted the original of my diploma, which (a) is not exactly of mailable size and (B) is the only one I have, so I sent them the transcript and a photocopy of the diploma along with a note that pointed out where on the transcript it said that I had earned a degree.