Chinese-Forums

never teach at Yunnan Normal University!

timkunming

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to throw this out there. It is a hassle to get things done - and speaking with my former students the other day, they said other teachers had the same types of problems.

After being cheated in the past at other schools, I'm quite obviously weary of this. I didn't want anything to happen, but it did. So why should I put up with it? I love teaching - but at the same time, I need to

be able to trust the people I work for - and at YNNU that was a bit of a problem. If anyone else has similar experiences, let me know.

I've never known other teachers at YNNU to go unpaid. And I don't have any doubts about Dr Wu's integrity.

Sometimes the offices did require some persistence to get things done, but an office not running smoothly is not the same thing as malice and deception.

I'm sorry, but you've just told everyone 'never teach at YNU' on the basis that 'it is a hassle to get things done'. It's a hassle to get things done at many, if not most of China's schools, not to mention a fairly significant proportion of its businesses, travel agencies, hotels and massage palours. You might as well say 'never go to China.'

If you actually haven't been paid, be specific about it - how much, and how long, and what if anything have the school said about it. Give us some facts, and let people make up their own mind.

There are far too many 'don't teach at XXX' postings around the China english teaching websites, and a fair proportion are from people with excessive expectations and a resultant chip on their shoulder. If you don't want to look like one of those, you need to come up with a bit more than you've given us.