Chinese-Forums

A letter to 山东省实验小学

xiaojiang216

大家好,

我当地的校长问我可不可以把他写的东西翻译.

可是, 我没想到他写的东西是这么难的!

请问,大家可不可以帮我的忙?

__A___ was first settled in 1645. The town center is comprised of a scenic New England village set along the banks of the __B___ River surrounded by a rural atmosphere. Present-day businesses in ___A__ include high-tech manufacturing and outstanding shops. __A___’s legacy of a long and peaceful past has resulted in many beautiful homes and neighborhoods. Approximately 17,000 residents live among __A___’s quintessential New England beauty.

__A__ is located 10 miles west of __C___, the capital of __D___. It is a suburban community known for its exemplary school system. __A___ is considered to be one of the most desirable communities in the state.

对不起, 他的信很长啊!

非常感谢! :mrgreen:

Well, I'll take a try at the first paragraph... Here goes nothing!

A 最初建于1648年。

城镇中有一个被农村的包围沿着 B 江的两岸风景好的新英格兰的村庄。

A 当代商业有高科技的制造业和突出的商店。

A 又长又安全历史的遗赠物被做很漂亮附近的结果。

大约17,000居民住在 A 精粹新英格兰的美丽。

I feel so stupid... I was looking up literally every other word... Is this translation wrong? :help

Hi xiaojiang216,

A 初創於1645年。城鎮中心是風景優美的新英格蘭村莊.B河環沿著村莊,充滿著田園氣息,在 A裡, 現今的商業包括了高科技製造業和出色的商店. A悠久的歷史和ㄧ貫的恬靜傳承給後人的是許多美侖美奐的住家及居家環境. 大約有17000位居民居住在A這個典型新英格蘭風景秀麗的環境裡.

mine is not a satisfactory translation but i hope it will help you a bit. Also, when you translate A, B, or C, remember sometimes when their chinese equivalents are put in the sentences, some order will change a bit. I can only translate A or B in the sentence.

Hope it helps!:)

Thank you soooooooooooooo verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry much!!

I will apply these changes and keep working at it!

Is it alright if I post up whatever I come up with?

Once again, THANK YOU SO MUCH! :D

Also, there is another paragraph to the brochure article:

A is located 10 miles west of H, the capital of C. It is a suburban community known for its exemplary school system. A is considered to be one of the most desirable communities in the state.

...For this one...How about...?

距离康州的首府哈特幅德大约有十公里路程的A 是一个充满了乡村风光的理想社区. 它优越的教育体系更施得它成为不仅在州内并且是全美有名的模范社区.

Hi,

不敢當! You're welcome. As I said earlier, it's not a very satisfactory translation. It is only used to help you understand a bit. Yes, be free to post up but be sure to ask other chinese native speakers' advice about the translation.

What is exemplary school system? I don't know what that is. The following is another try.A距离康州的首府哈特幅德大约有十英哩的路程, 是鄰近郊區以示範學校體系著稱的社區.ㄧ般認為A是全美最令人嚮往想居住的社區之ㄧ.

Hope it helps!:)