Chinese-Forums

Nanjing Daxue

sudasana

• 1 month later...

I'll just update this post and hopefully someone will have experience with this...

Has anyone been to / lived in Nanjing or the Jiangsu region before? Any advice or warnings? Definately going to Nanjing now.

I've been to Nanjing before. Although it was only a couple of days, but I really liked the city. There are plenty of trees and I forget what kind of tree they are but they give out a nice fragrance. People seemed a lot nicer than in Shanghai. I also enjoyed shopping in the Confucius Temple.

I'm headed to NJNU in fall (NanShiDa). Lived in Suzhou last spring, but after a weekend in Nanjing I decided to choose a school there. NJNU has a nice campus; didn't have a chance to see NanDa (blame SARS!). I've heard either Uni is good for foreigners, although NanDa seems to be more American-centric since it's affiliated with John-Hopkins Uni. Haven't heard any serious complaints about Nanjing. You'll find a large Chinese student population since many universities are situated there and a large foreign student population (this can be good or bad depending on what you're looking for).

祝你好运气

• 3 weeks later...