Chinese-Forums

会计凭证?

roddy

会计凭证? How should this be translated. I have 'Voucher Accounting' in front of me' date=' but I've no idea what it is . . .

Roddy[/quote']

According to the Chinese-English Dictionary of Economics & International Trade from Commercial Press (HK), 會計憑証 is just "accounting document," or maybe just "accounts," depending on the context.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually I scratched my head when I saw this phrase.

First of all, what is 凭 in traditional script?

会计凭证 is definitely a Mainland-style phrase. Probably hardly anyone in HK and Taiwan knows the meaning (I mean other than those engaged in China Trade).

Let me make some wild guesses:

(1) This is a notice to employees from the Accounting Dept that if anybody wants to get rebate from field trip, he has to show receipt from restaurant/hotel/train. Maybe 证 refers to those kinds of receipts.

(2) 证 can also refer to employee ID. So this phrase may also mean that if any employee wants to go into the Accounting Department, he/she needs to show ID.

But most likely 会计凭证 should not mean "accounting document".

First of all' date=' what is 凭 in traditional script?[/quote']

It is 憑.

The link given in Quest's post clearly explains what 會計憑證 is. I think it is just accounting records/documents.

You'r correct in some extent. 會計憑證 = accounting voucher. Kind of a document with account, debit, credit on it and also original receipts or invoices glued.

It is 憑.

The link given in Quest's post clearly explains what 會計憑證 is. I think it is just accounting records/documents.

You'r correct in some extent. 會計憑證 = accounting voucher. Kind of a document with account' date=' debit, credit on it and also original receipts or invoices glued.[/quote']

And ink too.

It is 憑.

You'r correct in some extent. 會計憑證 = accounting voucher. Kind of a document with account' date=' debit, credit on it and also original receipts or invoices glued.[/quote']

And ink too :roll: