Chinese-Forums

Firefox Plugin Bug ?

梅克立

I am running the latest version of OSX w/Firefox. I encounter the following problem when using the firefox plugin. Certain characters are actually removed from the sentence I am trying to translate. The characters show up in the original sentence but the plugin does not show them. Regardless of this the plugin still translates the phrase correctly. For instance, 过来 will show up as 过 but when moused over will still say 'guolai - come here.' This is annoying when trying to learn the new expressions as well as make sense of the rest of the sentence. Any ideas? Something I should maybe turn off in my browser?

We've had this problem reported before with the Macintosh version of Firefox with regards to a few characters. Are you using a Mac?

If this is a browser issue, there isn't much we can do to solve it. If you are having the problem on the PC, could you provide an example of the text which does not adsotate correctly so that I can test it here?

• 3 weeks later...

Two things that can help us track it down. First is confirming it is a browser issue, and not something that the backend engine is doing. So if you check the source code for the page that loads up -- can you confirm that the character is actually listed in the source code and just not appearing? or is the character missing completely?

Also -- can you pass along the exact sentence that is triggering the error?