Chinese-Forums

72 hours of shufa in Shanghai?

malinuo

Next month I will make a short trip to China, and I will have three "spare" days in Shanghai, when nothing is scheduled. My current idea is to try to get some calligraphy teacher to spend some time with me during this time - either alone or in a classroom environment.

The only problem is to find a teacher. Does anyone have any address or contact to someone, who might be willing?

It could be in Chinese or English (or some other European language or even Japanese). English would be the most efficient, but Chinese would probably be more fun.

A highly skilled calligrapher would be nice as a teacher, but anyone with slightly above average knowledge of calligraphy would be good enough for my level. The last time I had a calligraphy lesson, it was from a cleaning lady at the hotel I was staying at. Unfortunately I won't be staying at the same hotel this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Malinuo, welcome to Shanghai!:D

I think it is a bit difficult to find a 72 hours shufa course since such classes mostly probably open only once or twice a week.(So maybe the three days you are in Shanghai is unfortunately not the class day.)

By the way, I wonder you would like to find a class or teacher with or without charge? It may be possible to find a free class but not a free teacher.

It's quite a pity that I am not skilled at shufa, (although I had taken some courses when I was a child). Otherwise I will be glad to teach you.:)

I will try to ask some friends if there's some class or teacher that meet your request and hope you will have a nice day in Shanghai!