Chinese-Forums

Taiwan United States and China and how I almost got killed

ask_weasal

Perhaps a better topic would be should the US give Hawaii its independence... then perhaps you could get a more political type debate without the connotations... just a thought...

Im sorry if I offended anyone with the homogenious thing but it is true. China is a homogenious nation 98% being Han. Mostly everyone wears the hair the same way, half the students wear glasses and all of my freshman wear the same jump suits so I don't think I really offended anyone. I think you took it out of context. especially playing a game of human chess.

why would anyone take offense? it's so true - with their yellow skin, buckteeth and

coke-bottle glasses, i can't tell 'em apart. no wait, that's the japanese right? oh, well,

asians is asians. the little yella dudes are all interchangeable anyways.

Ah, I wouldn't be so harsh. The original statement is a bit ignorant, but I remember having serious problems telling students apart back when I was teaching - same clothes, and the cues you use to distinguish people in a more mixed environment just don't work. Notice how Chinese people use things like eye and face shape to describe people more than hair or eye color like we would. Takes time to get used to.

Oh just shut up shadow! Are you attempting to start up some shit again? You took it out of context. Read it again. Jesus some of you guys piss me off! Its not an offensive or a racist statement. You are probaly one of those idiots who went to Korea and told them black people have tails.

Oh my the sheer intelligence and wit displayed simply amazes me... please rant on... weasel by name weasel by nature...???!!! Whenever I see your posts I am reminded of a quote by the great Forrest Gump... "Stupid is as stupid does"....

Why don't you just let it rest, both of you? (and anybody else who might feel compelled to join in)

If you have something to add to the discussion, feel free to post it, if it's unrelated, use PM. Better yet, keep it to yourself.