Chinese-Forums

Accommodation in Beijing during Summer

Fontty

大家好!:wink:

I will be coming to BLCU in the summer for a 6 week course (arriving 12th july).

I looking for accommodation for this period (flat to share or single room). I will be staying for 8 weeks in total. it is preferable in the same district of BLCU or reasonably close.

Sharing with chinese speakers would be even better as I have to get the most out of 8 weeks.

Maybe someone has some sort of information that can point me in the right direction.

by the way I've only recently started using this site and it is awsome, the amount of information that is shared here is just fantastic.

Also, if you're in Beijing in the summer and fancy a drink to cool down, get in touch.

:help

谢谢

Fran'co

there is a new subway line near the university, about a ten minute walk away. you can really live anywhere along the line and go to the university. of course the area is nice, so you might want to live nearby. i used to live in shangdi which was a few stops away.

good luck with school. i did the summer course a few years ago. i knew a lot of characters already from living in japan, but i thnk the students who didn't were pretty lost. seems like you know some already.

jeff

Hello Sissi

thanks for taking the time to reply. Sorry I now realize I wasn't clear perhaps.

By reasonably close I mean within walkable distance i.e. 15/20 max. I do prefer to stay in the area or close by as classes start early and I heard it is a nice area there.

The budget is a student budget which is never a big one. the best way to do this is know what is available and for how much and decide if I can afford, sometimes we can stretch it a little bit. let me know if you know or have anything available and how much and area and we'll take it from there.

Thank you