Chinese-Forums

Cantonese e-books

wai ming

Cantonese e-books

There seems to be a lot of useful material here, including expressions, short stories, sentence patterns and grammar, as well as some sound files; however I seem to be having trouble downloading from it (not sure if it's a problem with the files, or a problem with my Acrobat Reader).

I have all the pdf's (but not the sound files) for the General Expressions Books, Specific Expressions books, Sentence Patterns and Grammar, so if people are unable to download from the website I can upload those somewhere, but would someone mind trying to get the Difficult Abbreviated Grammar words, the Short Stories and the Long Stories? :help:)

EDIT: seems like it was just a problem with my browser; using a download manager seems to work :) That said, if anyone is having trouble downloading the files, I'm happy to upload them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi- I have tried downloading from this site, but still no luck. I usually use the Firefox web browser and I thought that might be the problem, so I tried with Internet Explorer... that didn't seem to work either.

Anybody know anything about this site? It seems like the material would be useful. I haven't come across anything else like it. Does anyone know of any material out there like this....beginner and intermediate-level recorded stories in Cantonese with accompanying text?

To those who've asked me to upload the files, I'll try to do that next week. Far too busy with exams at the moment :cry: so remind me if I forget.

Southernjohn, I think what happens is the connection to the website tends to time out. If you use some kind of download manager and configure it to automatically reconnect, you should be able to get the files.

I personally haven't seen any other material on the Internet that matches the quality of the e-books here: written for learners, with characters and romanization, and audio. The site's run by the Cantonese Learning Centre in HK, can't remember what their homepage is at the moment but you should be able to Google it.

Disclaimer:

Do Do Payment in PayPal

(pay to the account: info@clc.com.hk)

After you download the material' date=' if you find you will use it or keep it , please do payment.

If you find you won't use it or keep it, neither a software copy or a hardware copy, you don't need to pay.

[/quote']

OK, here we go, these are the files for everything except the stories and the audio files (which I haven't downloaded). As per the notice above, please pay for those materials which you find useful. Enjoy! :mrgreen:

Expression1.pdf

Expression2.pdf

Expression3.pdf

DailyCantoneseExpression.pdf

BasicExpression.pdf

DailySentencePattern.pdf

Cantonese Food - Expressions & Vocab.pdf

POS.pdf

POS1.pdf

POS2.pdf

WordOrder.pdf

Predicate.pdf

Abbreviation_Diff.pdf

Yes... thanks Waiming.

I am still trying to download the stories, but no luck so far. My Firefox download manager should continue a download without timing out; I'm not sure what the problem could be. I will try and contact the Cantonese Learning Center.

• 2 months later...