Chinese-Forums

Have problem with Dormitory at BLCU

Aloha

Hi All,

1. I would like to know how many totally Dorm Building in BLCU and which building no. is the best to live??

2. Is it true that for short-term student (1semester) will live in another dorm with Long-term student and don't have dorm for short-term student that have private toilet in their own room? Is it possible if I'm whom study in short term but would like to live in the same with Long term student's dorm because I prefer to stay in the room with private toilet:cry: ??

3. How can I book for the Dorm before I go there? Is it OK to book on the internet website cause it will make sure that when i go there I will have place to live. ( I would like to stay in Dorm only:( ) If I can please give me the link of booking:)

Anyone who have been there PLEASE HELP me .....Thank you in advance:D

I studied at BLCU last fall so I got a chance to look at the dorms and I wasnt very impressed, altough they opened up two new much better (and more expensive) dormbuildings I still recommend ppl NOT to stay at the dorms.

Why ?

- They're more expensive than to rent an apartment nearby

- They have a much lower standard than equally expensive apartments

- You are much more free to come/go as you like and bring friends (of both sexes which can be a bit tricky in some of the dorms)

contra - on the other hand it takes some work, finding a real estate agent and looking at apartments, that took me 1 week tops but I had someone helping me.

And if u pay the landlord all the money at once your much more likely to get a lower rent, dont forget to bargain !! and look at several apartments so you can lower the price by comparing them.

I ended up sharing a 150sqm apartment in hua-qing-jia-yuan, 5-10 min walk from school right beside the wudaokou light rail, perfect spot.. resturatns, communication night clubs, gym etc...

Thanks for the answer , Karmakid.....

But I still have much thing want to know more about dorm there, cause I rather surely that I will stay in dorm only because of safety (I think):mrgreen: . Can you give me any information about the dorm here cause you have been there before:D

Anything you know about here is what I surely want to know:help, Thanks again

I was in No.4 when I studied there. It was two years ago now. Think I paid IS$7.50 a night to share a fairly small room (though not as small as the international center rooms).

There were quite a few cockroaches but no big ones, but the main problem was mosquitoes - couldn't stop them coming in. Maybe the dorms are OK for the winter but I found them rather uncomfortable from about this time of year.......

Aloha - Beijing is quite safe, and there are just too many people around in Wudaokou to be a victim of any type of attack (except poss middle of the night)