Chinese-Forums

Anyone heading for Kunming this fall?

Ahondara

I'm heading for Kunming this fall after some sightseeing through China. Anyone else planning to study there? =) Give a little presentation then!

My name is Niklas

Lives in: Gothenburg/Göteborg

Age 23

Planning to study 1 term. (Yeah I know but the girlfriend seem to think that's the limit :cry:

I will probably be back ;P

Oh if anyone know if I can take some courses in Japanese as well somewhere in Kunming I would be grateful for the info =) Always nice to better your japanese.

My university of choice in Kunming:

http://www.icis.cn/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The semester starts the 1st of september but you need to register at least 2 days before that time according to the university.

The end is in the middle of january, probably the 15th. It seems like they have set days for the first in september and mars for their fall and spring terms and the end always 4½ month later.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, I'll be in Kunming in the middle of September. Planning to stay for at least a year, but who knows. I've chosen ELCEC - seems like it provides more choices and has smaller groups/helpful administration.

I'm 23 yo Russian from Eastern Siberia, currently working as a journalist.

Niklas, what's your Mandarin level? My Putonghua is not existent :mrgreen:

Pavel

37.7[at]bk.ru

I'm also planning to study in Yunnan this Fall. Currently, I'm planning to go to Beijing in September and looking for and weighing my options for a month's long program there.

Ahondara, have you already enrolled at YNNI? Through these posts, it sounds as YNNI is the superior choice for language study over YNU. I contacted YNU by e-mail several times to no avail...

Are you studying Chinese language only, or incorporating other elements, like culture studies?

I may decide to come to Kunming for the entire Fall semester. Haven't decided just yet. I'll be asking around some of the other posts as to what one can do in the Kunming schools if you arrive mid-semester. Hopefully i can enroll in some courses as i'll have studied some Chinese in Beijing (and studied two courses that covered Book 1 of the New Practical Chinese Reader).

Did anyone check out the schools/resources in Dali? I couldn't really find anything on the web, except a defunct link to the "Dali College of Chinese Studies." But I have heard through the travel guides that Dali offers numerous language courses. Anybody know where?

• 3 weeks later...

hello i'm kaede from italy!i'm going in kunming for the spring semester of 2007..i will go to YNNU but i have just a problem..i got a mail from the university and they told me that you can't take a room in the student dormitory just for a semester,because the room is for one year and you should book in advance to get one...so,i need some info and advices from those who are studying or have already studied in YNNU...shall i hire a private room in kunming? shall i do this when i arrive there or it's better to check on the web?the prices are higher than into the campus?

(if anyone knows about other university-always in kunming-that allow you to stay in campus even just for one semester,please tell me...i haven't yet applied,i will do this later)