Chinese-Forums

Useful chinese study information in Kunming

lvhongxia

Dear friends, as i often received emails from all over the world to ask about chinese study information in Kunming, now i would like to post most useful information here. coz many emails asking similar questions(btw, i do not know how they found my email add:-))

FAQ:

1. Q: which is the best university to learn chinese in Kunming?

A:Yunnan University & Yunnan Normal University

both of them are in the downtown.YU is a little more famous than YNU, and teachers in YU are older and maybe more experienced than in YNU,but the facility and classroom in YNU is much newer than in YU.

YU: 18 hours/week, 5800RMB/semester tel: 86-871-5033472 English available

YNU:16 hours/week,6000RMB/semester,tel : 86-871-5516251 English available

2.Q: how to find qualified one-one teach tutor with good price?

A: see the posts on wall of many cafe in Wenlin street or Wenhua Xiang

If you only stay in kunming for a short time and want to find a personal teacher to study chinese, i suggest you not go to universities or school, usually they charge more than you find a teacher directly, they charge about 50-60 RMB/hour, and if you find a teacher by yourself, the average price is 25-30 RMB/hour,

in Wenlin street or Wenhua Xiang (they are just close to Yunnan University), in many cafe, people like to post many information on the wall, just go there and see,i am sure very easy to find the teacher. and you can also meet many foreign students there ,just talk to them,and you can get some information about study and flat renting(if you need to share a flat with somebody)

and yourself can also post a paper on the wall, i am sure there must be some people reply you.

if you do not want to pay, you can post a paper on wall to find a language exchange partner, you teach english, she/he teach chinese, it is not a bad idea,right?

btw, i am a chinese girl working in Human Resource field in Kunming, my English name is Lanny, if you still have questions, can write me at lvhongxia@yahoo.com, i will try to answer.::D

Wow, I'm a little surpised that 云南大学 is cheaper than YNNU. Right before I left, 师范大学 built a new facility for their foreign guests which is downright swanky, but before that, the building we were in was pretty run down. 云南大学's campus was always better groomed, I just kind of assumed it would be pricier as well.

What company do you work at?