Chinese-Forums

China Shanghai Rosa Park's bus

sarahkuang

Hey, Guys. Check this out

English: http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2006-05/28/content_601893.htm

Chinese:http://auto.sohu.com/20060525/n243402125.shtml

discrimination not only happen to you, foreigners, but also happen to Chinese themselves. When this happen, I think you should stay calm but don't give up. Deal it ationally, At least Chinese do not refuse to change.

Peace!

ummm, how is this discrimination?

the management of a private apartment complex purchases private busses for the use

of apartment owners. as a convenience to some employees, they are allowed to use

these private busses, rather than be required to use public transportation, although they

must give up seats to apartment owners. seems fair....especially if they were getting

free transportation.

oh, nooooooooooo! damn those evil communists for, for, uh.......no wait, using their private

property as they wish. yeah, that's it.....damn those evil capitalists!!!!

the most sensible resolution would be to permit only owners of apartments (i.e. owners

of the busses) to ride the busses. maids should be required to take public transportation,

just like the rest of the population. anything else would be discrimination, huh?

I reckon I agree with Stinky: it's not discrimination, it's capitalism. That's not to say that it's right and proper. Everybody should be treated with respect and courtesy, and that should not depend on the size of their wallet, or their job.

Those buses belong to the owner of the apartment complex, and are for the convenience of the people living in the apartments. I assume that those people pay for this bus, not directly, but it's included in their rent. The ayis don't pay rent (of this complex), and therefore also don't pay for the bus, unlike the residents. Now that the ayis can also take the bus, the situation is that the residents pay for using the bus (in their rent) and the ayis ride it for free.

Good for them. But it wasn't discrimination when they had to stand.