Chinese-Forums

japanese schools in japan

carlo

Does anybody have a Japanese language school in Japan that they would recommend? For a very short-term, intensive, ultra-immersion programme (and maybe also in a nice location, like Kyoto or a small town somewhere more 'traditional' -- but hopefully not to the extent that they run away when they see a foreigner).

• 2 weeks later...

I know many people who have studied at a school called Yamasa in Okazaki, Aichi, Japan (about 45 mins. outside of Nagoya). Everyone I've talked to gives the school rave reviews, so you might want to check it out. Unfortunately, I don't have any contact information besides the name and location. Good luck to you!

• 2 weeks later...

While we are on this topic, perhaps there is someone who could comment on the cost expectation while living studying Japanese in Japan. The currency coverter *cough*me*cough* made a small mistake and almost gave me a heart attack. :D

It seems that for the ultra-intesive program through Yamasa's website the tuition was around $1000 a month, which seems reasonable.

How big of a loan should my father be expecting to give me if I got there for a month next summer?

Thanks a lot folks. I heard about this place from other people, so it's probably not bad. As to financial considerations, I have no doubt that it will be very expensive, just wondering if the quality is there.

• 3 weeks later...