Chinese-Forums

Obtain a China Visa in Taiwan?

Lauren88

Hi,

I am a US passport holder, and I am currently in China on a single-entry visa. I have a flight from Beijing to the US on July 10, and I do not want to lose this flight.

However, I want to go to Taiwan for the next few weeks, and then get back to China on the 9, just in time for my flight back to the US. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do about visas in this situation? Am I able to apply for a China visa in Taiwan? I am very confused, and very much in need of some help.

Thanks so much.

Lauren

You could get a new Chinese visa in Hong Kong on the way back from Taiwan (though you didn't make it clear how you plan to travel between Taiwan and mainland China). Same the other direction - if you need a visa for Taiwan (though this doesn't apply in this case), you aren't going to get it on the mainland.

Taiwanese can go through customs in Macau to avoid having to wait to get an entry permit to China, but that does not apply to Americans.

Next time, if you know you want to go to Taiwan, apply for a multi-entry Chinese visa.