Chinese-Forums

download a stroke order list

Weronika

Interesting. Are these for a particular textbook?

Of course, the Character Exercise Books for the Practical Chinese Reader have long since had these (tho they are not available online). I would suggest getting your hands on those. I know they have them for Books I & II, not sure about III-V. Two bad you couldn't find sources that all use the same font and size (kind of annoying going from Song (book) font to Kai (brush) font. Also, the grass radical on top of characters such as 茶 and 英 for SimpCHN characters is only 3 strokes, for TradCHN it is 4 strokes.

The Character Workbooks that I did for Integrated Chinese Level One and Two (also not on the web) also have this but it's a bit more sophisticated in that, while the strokes of each character are numbered on a main character, they are also actually penned by hand. Further, recurring components are not penned stroke by stroke, but rather only the strokes that have not yet been introduced.

For example, if the character 方 fang1 is introduced first (say, as part of 地方 di4fang1), then a few lessons later 房子 fang2zi0 'house' is introduced, all 4 strokes of the first occurrence of fang1 will be penned one at a time, but in it's second occurrence the top component (户 hu4) is penned in one stroke at a time, then fang1 is penned as a whole, 方.

Taking an example from your file, if 吃 chi1 'eat' is the first occurrence of the 口 kou3 'mouth' radical (kind of hard to tell what order they've been introduced since the characters are alphabetized), then it would be drawn one stroke at a time. However, assuming the characters are presented in the order learned chronologically, then the "mouth" component in 啡 , 贵 , 喝, 叫, 京 , 咖 , 吗 , 名 , 哪 , etc., will all be written as a whole with the rest of the strokes one at a time (assuming they haven't occurred as a component previously).

Dear Wanglongju,

Yes of course it isn't perfect, because i've learning chinese only for 6 months, and i'm learning on my own. :cry:

In Hungary isn't any book for studying chinese (just teach yourself and dictionaries). So i use the web and i never found a good stroke order list, which is good for beginners. So I decided making one. I download a gif file (where i find the gif of the character) and i cut them.

Yes it's a very good idea what you wrote in your message but now (YET) i could do like this.

I hade a lot of questions, for example the grass radical, because it wasn't obvious, that 3 or 4 strokes. :oops:

I wrote it to this forum because i wanted to help those who learn chinese like me.

I will look for those books what you wrote, maybe i can find it here in Hungary. If not i'll try order it.

Thanks your construcitve message!! :roll:

veronika

> my problem is I can't print them and see on paper the stroke order list.

Actually, one of the functions of Chinese Writing Master 3.0 Professional Edition

seems to be that you can do output just like you've been doing (at least, that's how I read the second-to-last point on the web page above). It is a bit expensive for US$126/US$180. Has anyone bought it?

Wenlin software has the fiunctionality of stroke order animation. You can also print individual characters with their stroke order. The software is not cheap but it's worth it.

Yes, it's partially true but many foreign learners choose incorrect stroke order and stick to them. You can always check in the furture for complex characters.

Wenlin has a lot of features for working with Chinese texts, stroke order is just one of them.

man wenlin is SO worth it.... the stroke order animation is great and its there for every character..

plus i agree that stroke order is very important.. it makes the characters look more natural because the little 'ticks' will tend to be in the right places. that is even more advantageous if you're into calligraphy. plus i reckon it makes it a lot easier to remember how to write the characters. and after a while you will know how to write a character with the correct stroke order even if its the first time youve seen it. though occasionally ill see a complex one that wenlin will come in handy for.

There are methods that use stroke order for input and supposedly are a lot faster.

For those of us who know it. Unlike me.

Veronika, 加油, I admire your learning Chinese so thoroughly. I wish I had done the same earlier on.

zozovera

download a stroke order list

http://kina.vrnk.hu/letolt/sorrend.doc

veronica

Well, since most of us don't know any Hungarian, we could only be fully satisfied with the English version of it :mrgreen:

EDIT:

For example you could take the character data (most frequent characters) and English explanations from the site below and add the stroke order beside the characters.

http://www.zein.se/patrick/3000char.html

-