Chinese-Forums

Turkish Restaurants in Beijing

mrkarahan

I am the student of Sinology Department at Ankara University in TURKEY.

For next year I will be in Pekin and continue my education in Pekin Language and Culture University.

My acceptance has came. But I want to ask that is there any Turkish restaurant near

BLCU and is there any Mosque near ?

At the same time I am a Muslim :wink:

Thanks

Some of the xinjiang foods are quite similar to turkish/mediteranean food in style, especially chao pianr (炒片)and xinjiang ban liang cai (新疆拌凉菜). But there's not that much overlap... no mercimek corbasi (lentil soup), tase/kuru fasulye (fresh green/ dried beans in tomato sauce) etc... :cry:

The easiest way to find a nearby mosque could be to ask in a xinjiang/hui restaurant - many of the people seem quite religious. A good few uyghur women wear headscarfs, and the restaurants often have arabic calligraphy (presumably from the Koran) and pictures of Mecca...

Failing that there's one mosque mentioned in the lonely planet - near dong si i think.

The Muslim Restaurant in BLCU is great. All muslim students in BLCU have their daily diet there. Of course, because of its nice flavor, lots of other students also go there, including me.

Someday next year we may meet there and have a dining together.

You can visit my blog http://yingfengzhui.spaces.msn.com/blog/cns!B83EAD2DC6D5BE2C!985.entry

I took photos at The BLCU Muslim Restaurant.

• 4 weeks later...