Chinese-Forums

Radical index

Weronika

I didn't find any radical index on the web. Did you? Maybe somebody scanned it or type.. Radical index: in english / chinese dictionary there are index pages, to find a chinese character.

Please tell me if you know some locality.

Thanks veronika

thanks these are good, but I didn't want like them. I wanted a radical index, which is a table:

radical1

- 1 stroke

- characters .......

- 2 stroke

radical 2

- 1 stroke

- characters .......

- 2 stroke

and so on. These are a printable thing, before all dictionary. I didn't find any in the web, maybe it isn't :cry:

if i understand you right, you want a website that list all the characters grouped, by there radicals?

just like your dictionary, my dictionary does this also. i don't know where one could obtain one like that. keep trying google or yahoo. *sigh* you'll find it.

I see the jar file, but what can I do with it? I know I'm a little bit "dull-witted".

The jar file is the program. It requires a java runtime to be installed, to run the jar file. Once you can run Dimsum, then it's very easy to search the built in dictionary by radical, by character, by pinyin, or (in new .79 version), by component or stoke counts, etc.

You can install everything by the instructions at http://www.mandarintools.com/dimsum.html

Dictionary searches are returned in a table (grid). You can select one more more rows at a time, and then use copy/paste to transfer these results to any other program.

I put together this list of characters by combining Roddy's HSK word list with the Unihan database info. Contains the 2500 odd characters in the HSK test. I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but perhaps it might help. If you have other criterea for putting together this list I can probably do that, as long as it's programmable.

The fields in the text file are:

Kangxi Radical number

Kangxi Radical symbol

Residual strokes

Character

Pinyin

HSK level (1 easiest, 4 hardest)

Englishdefinition

In order to get the radical symbols to appear you'll need a font which displays the Kangxi radicals. The only one's I've been able to find are here. ShanHeiSun is pretty ugly, but Zenkai is quite nice.

The radicals are traditional and the characters are simplified, but hopefully this shouldn't cause too much confusion.

radicallist.txt

O yes I want this! Thanks, I think I can use it in a database, search and so on, and I can make a good radical index. i didn't installed the font you said, but i'll try

drimsum is quite good i will try that jar file, maybe i can do something with that

:roll: "szupiiii" (super)

The help file is a compiled list of jpg files.

On XP (sp2), those help files don't display anything. I "think" it is because of a security block on displaying jpg files, but I'm not sure.

Are the jpg files available separately?

no I just have this but I think it's not difficult to separete them (I don't know how):help

You didn't see the jpg-s? Maybe I'll try print it (I don't have a printer at home) and I hope the jpg-s will be printed.

anyway it's useful reading the book, I think.