Chinese-Forums

Website Theft! Call the Cops!

liuzhou

I couldn't help noticing that the 'theif' website www.mylz.cn has been added as the latest link at this forum....

No. You only imagined that! :lol:

Googled the domain name and found this - maybe someone needed a homework project in a hurry.

Mmmmm.

I don't mean to take this off topic, but I was wondering how you get paid through ads? I also have a website and I would like to have ads on it so I can make a cent here or there. Your help would be appreicated.

P.s. Hope you get tha fools

If retribution were your aim, it would be pretty trivial to write some code that determined whether the page it was on was being loaded via your website or the imposter, and then dumped something other than your page (angry/obscene/etc).

Maybe not the "turn the other cheek" approach, but it might get the point across. :mrgreen:

Hurrah!

The offenders have been seen orf!

Stiffly worded multi-lingual missives threatening to tell her mother (Thanks Rodders!) and a bunch of legal bull has resulted in the pseudo-site being pulled!

Back to normal!

Thanks to everyone who offered advice, suggestions, hope, sympathy, money and dancing girls!

(BTW. The consensus is that it was some kid doing a homework assignment!)

PS.

To my surprise, this morning I received an email from the person listed as being the registered owner of the thief site. This is the person I sent various threatening emails to.

Here is the entire content of the email

该玉米我已经转让了~所有人已经不是我了!

新网公司已经给于处理了

Strange way to spell "Sorry"

Still amazed that you found there website int the first place.

It's easy!

Tools like Technorati, Feedstar etc constantly monitor the internet. If anyone writes the word "Liuzhou" anywhere on the internet I am informed almost immediately through RSS feeds.

So when they put up my site, they appeared!

Now that I have mentioned LZ, this post will be reported to me!

If anyone writes the word "Liuzhou" anywhere on the internet I am informed almost immediately through RSS feeds.

Don't you get a lot of reports... Every article/post/whatever mentioning the place LZ will also be reported I presume?

• 3 months later...
Don't you get a lot of reports... Every article/post/whatever mentioning the place LZ will also be reported I presume?

Sorry, late response!

There are not that many. It is not often that anything happens here which is important enough to be reported internationally, using pinyin.

Getting reports on [pop=Liuzhou]柳州[/pop] would be a different matter.