Chinese-Forums

Buying a Treo 650 in Beijing and some questions

venture160

I have bought one in ZhongGuanCun,which is blue face cingular, and my suggestion is to buy a blue face PalmOne from HK, it is pretty good one which was bought by a colleague of me, but you must try to find them out. My cingular is not a new one, a 14days machine.

• 1 month later...

I bought Treo 650 in Melbourne, Australia (墨尔本, 澳大利亚) for a mere $A440 - a present for my wife. Glad to see how the price dropped over a year. So, we've got 2 competing devices in the house - a Pocket PC and and Palm.

Installed CJKOS only. My wife doesn't need Chinese, so I am disabling it when she is using it.

I wonder if you can do some simple word processing in Chinese in palmOne? Which free file explorers or text editors can one install?

A quick thank you, gato for the quick response :) but I have some issues with both FileProg (download) and DocsToGo (install) but I'll try to check what the issues are before asking another question.

EDIT:

1st problem solved used a different site.

EDIT:

It's all good now.

A few of questions regarding Treo 650 (or any other palm perhaps) and Chinese, please.

1. Can you have a Chinese input and character support (display) without changing localisation like you could do on a Western Pocket PC or a desktop PC? Are of the products free?

2. How you install additional fonts, keyboards into your palmOne? Interested in both English and other languages, especially Russian, Chinese, Japanese and Arabic. Please let me know if you actually did it - there's heaps of info on the web but it's sometimes hard to decide, which advise is good.

3) Will Plecodict work without CJKOS enabled - just inside the program perhaps?

4) Is there a free Chinese English dictionary for palms? The valuation version of Plecodict is not fully functional (I tried one for a Pocket PC). It seems to be a good tool but I am not ready to buy.

Sorry, too many questions :)