Chinese-Forums

Unknown character

sstone

Another vulgar character that's usually different from its dictionary form is 屄 (bi1). It's often written as 逼 (bi1), e.g. 牛逼、傻逼。

屄 bī

A chinese guy once told me that bī could also be written as a 女 character with an extra dian stroke in the middle. Has anyone else ever heard of this? I cannot find references to it anywhere, in dictionaries or otherwise.

A chinese guy once told me that bī could also be written as a 女 character with an extra dian stroke in the middle.
He may be saying that he could invent an even more graphical descriptive than the one in existence, no? :mrgreen:

A chinese guy once told me that bī could also be written as a 女 character with an extra dian stroke in the middle. Has anyone else ever heard of this? I cannot find references to it anywhere, in dictionaries or otherwise.

Yeah, I've heard and seen this before - although I can't recall where. Will check a couple of obscure dictionaries tonight. Have also seen 尸+必.

...and the other is that it is easier to remember by using a common character than the rare one.

I'd be surprised if anyone ever forgot 肏 after learning it once! :)

See here, via proxy if you are in China (the full range of Chinese characters is apparently a clear and present danger to Chinese social stability).

So, what, is this only a cantonese character? That's a shame as I thought it was quite elegant.

I'd be surprised if anyone ever forgot 肏 after learning it once!

:mrgreen: yes, it can be hardly forgotten because of its being so rare and so precisely expressing the meaning. But it's too staring, and may be obsolete. So what is the real other reason for the replacement besides the pronunciation...:roll:

btw, this topic seems vulgar, but very intelligent in fact. :lol:

That's a shame as I thought it was quite elegant.

It could be elegant if you use it in an elegant way. :wink:

And I also assumed the elegance of the shape of this character. maybe it was not conventionally considered a vulgar one in the past? Some modern people call natives from tribes savage. They deny the truth they see.