Chinese-Forums

Cantonese phrase dictionary

Southernjohn

I am shopping for a good pocket phrasal dictionary. I am a beginning student of Cantonese and I remember a while back looking at one in a bookstore that seemed really useful.... less topic-oriented than a phrase book, but more phrase-oriented than a dictionary. It was sort of a hybrid dictionary/phrase book. But I can't remember what this book was called.

I tried looking at the ones for sale on Amazon, to try and jog my memory. But nothing rings a bell, and there are no detailed descriptions.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a Cantonese phrase dictionary?

Thanks,

southernJohn

It wasn't "The Right Word in Cantonese" (廣州話指南 - Gwongjauwa jinaahm) by Kwan Choi Wah, by any chance, was it? It's not really so much of a phrase book, but it's more topic-oriented than a dictionary.

Hey thanks! This could be the one. I googled it and the cover does not look like I remember it. But anyway, the comments and reviews people have written about are encouraging. It sounds like just what I am looking for.

southerJohn

• 5 months later...