Chinese-Forums

Teaching / Tutoring English

girlwonder

Hey guys,

Just wanted to know if anyone had any info on teaching or tutoring English in Beijing? I will be learning Mandarin at the BLCU in August (just for the month) and was wondering if it's relatively easy to find kids to teach/tutor while I'm out there, to scrape in some extra cash..

Also, is there any demand for French speakers? Because I'm relatively fluent in French also..

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

How much money could you make being a free-lance English teacher? I am going to be studying in Beijing, but I would love to earn some extra money. Is there anyone here who has done something like this before? How many students do you typically take on a week, and how much do you charge per/hour?

Average rate seems to be 150Y per hour, with most work ranging from 120Y to 180Y per hour. How much you take on is entirely up to you, there's no shortage of work and if you can do a decent job and turn up on time you'll have no trouble getting regular work.