Chinese-Forums

The Lake House

skylee

I wanted to watch this film when I was travelling a few weeks ago but couldn't make it. I think I would like it because I like both leading actors and the Korean original "Il Mare". Has anyone seen it? Any comments?

Here is the trailer (in English with subtitles in Traditional Chinese) -> mms://video.mov3.com/the_lake_house01.wmv

I note from the trailer that Sandra Bullock wears a red jacket at the very emotional scene, just like the Korean original (well IIRC).

Hi, I haven't seen "The Lake House" yet but couple of days ago I just finished watching "Il Mare". I'm hoping that the American version will do the Korean version some justice but I guess nothing ever beats the original. It's a really nice and simple movie although I got so confused at the end.....

I haven't seen the original yet. Think it will be a better idea for me to watch the original first before watching Lake House.

Hollywood is also going to produce a remake of the Korean original My Sassy Girl, another Jun Ji Hyun film.

• 1 month later...

I saw the film again today. It is too romantic and I couldn't help it. And I've figured out more about the confusing time (or I hope so). I think I was always stuck in Keanu Reeves' universe and assumed that Sandra Bullock's time did not change/progress so it was kind of confusing at first (e.g. Keanu Reeves finally got from 2004 to 2006 and I forgot that Sandra Bullock had also got from 2006 to 2008 so everything seemed a mess).

I plan to watch "Il Mare" (the korean original) at home tonight.