Chinese-Forums

Chinese-Forums meetup???

venture160

Hey I just want to throw this idea out there, I think it would be cool for some of the Chinese-Forums folks based in Beijing or China to meetup... we could arrange some time at sculpting in time or go get some food, I dunno, it seems like there are alot of us here in Beijing, why not get-to-gether??

whats everyones take on this:?

Hey all. LOVE the idea of a Chinese-Forums meet-up, but why not wait until everyone arrives for the new semester in September? (Perhaps I should declare my vested interest here--I arrive in BJ on 6 Sept.!) It'd be a great idea, though.

:D

Mado

What do people think for the first week of September? I am going back to the states for the last two weeks of August, so I wouldn't be able to do anything then.

I Imagine we would meet up in WuDaoKou, as that is where the majority of our members are.

So who's in?

that sounds great. funny you mention it. i noticed last night at malones bar that the members of the shanghai expat forum all meet on the third level there. they got a deal with the pub it seems as they get cheaper beers and a whole lot of snacks (just for their meeting). maybe someone can organise something like that. ill be heading back to oz this coming monday though unforunately.

Let me advertise a bit the The Melbourne Chinese Language meetup, since I am not in Beijng. The turn-out here is not always great, so maybe more people will come. I can get more Chinese learners but would be great to have more native speakers.

http://chinese.meetup.com/98/

From the link below you can get to your city's Chinese meetups

http://chinese.meetup.com/

Me too. Unfortunately leaving Beijing for Dalian in September.

For the summer I reckon the hutong area down by the Pass-By Bar (锣鼓南巷?) is ideal, but I realize its a hassle for you Wudaokouers.

If anyone wants to meet up next weekend (28th / 29th) I am happy to make arrangements - just drinks and snacks on a rooftop terrace or something.

A lot of places on Nanluoguxiang have been trashed lately, and last I heard it's a bit of a building site - anyone been down lately? I've not been there for a couple of weeks.

I suspect weight of numbers would make a Wudaokou location more likely, but it'll depend on who actually commits to turning up.

Hiyas all

what a great site this is and that of course means you, the people behind the posts. Since coming aboard a little while back i've found wonderful help and inspiration to continue with my Chinese studies. So, can't miss an opportunity to meet up in the flesh so to speak. No time will suit all, but once some contact is made, we've got something up and running. My suggestion: meet this Sunday July 23, 5pm unstairs in Lush, Wudaokou.

I for one will turn up provided there is at least one other ! Let me know if that's you ....

Brendan

ps on another thread i've been looking for demos of any electonic/digital dictionaries. If you have one and are planning on coming on Sun, could you please bring your gadget with you? Xiexie

Last time I was there (few weeks ago) it was fine.

Still I am not bothered so much about location - just can't think of anywhere half decent in Wudaokou. If just for an initial drink and get-to-know-each-other kind of thing then maybe the Bla Bla - everyone knows it and no booking required. If people want to meet up again we can agree on a location with whoever comes.

Just seen the previous post. OK since someone has suggested a time and place I can go with that. Ignore my Bla Bla comment.

I will take a wander up there and hope at the very least to meet Brendan.

P.S. A frequent drunkard is referred to in England as a lush. I wonder if that is where the inspiration for the bar's name came from.

hmm...

maybe I'll have to force myself to be social and attend since my only western friend went home already....now I have no one to watch Chappelle with....*snf*

Lush would be ok since it's probably the only place I've been in wudaokou other than to 补习班...yes, just living it up out here in BJ.....