Chinese-Forums

Tsinghua in '06

Qcash3

I'm going to be there for 1 semester, maybe a year... haven't decided whether or not I want to stay in china for that long. I am in Beijing now, trying to find a place to live, but since i'm picky about who I live with, am still looking.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Following on the heels of the posting for students going to BLCU this year, I thought I might start one for those who will be studying at Tsinghua this year.

Share:

- your name

- your age

- hometown

- how long you'll be studying for

- why you've decided to study Mandarin

- any other info you want to include!

Here are my details:

- Serena

- born in Toronto, but have been working/living in HK for the past 3 years

- one year program

- I've always wanted to learn Mandarin, and hopefully it'll help me find a better job later on!

- I'll be arriving in BJ Sept 10 or 11, and am really looking forward to meeting other students in the program!!

Merging Serena's new topic with Qcash's original one

Good looking out Roddy.

Share:

- your name

- your age

- hometown

- how long you'll be studying for

- why you've decided to study Mandarin

- any other info you want to include!

My name is Quentin

I am 18

I live in Clinton, MD.

I've been studying Chinese for 8 years, and I will be studying for one year at Tsinghua

I started studying Mandarin because I loved Chinese food (give me a break I was 10)

I really look forward to meeting y'all, and I am happy to see some Tsinghua students up here. It seems that BLCU dominates this the forum.... I will be flying in to Beijing on the 29th of August, and btw does anyone know if we can register before the 12-14 of September?

-My name is Daniel

-I'm 23

-I grew up in Park City, Utah; but I have also lived in many other places.

-I will be studying for one year in China (one semester at Tsinghua then probably go elsewhere, maybe Dalian)

-I studied for one semester at BLCU last year.

-I like learning languages, and I have been interested in Chinese culture ever since my family hosted a Chinese foreign exchange student when I was young.

-I'm already here in Beijing so if anyone else is here who wants to go out and have some drinks let me know.

Cheers,

Daniel

its nice to hear from you guys!

quentin i dont think you can register before the 12th - it says on the letter/sheet they mail us that if you arrive earlier than the 12th, you have to arrange for your own accomodations etc. BTW, where will you be staying before then?

I am looking for a hotel to stay in for 1 or 2 days...

Daniel - thats a good idea. Ive heard that a lot of past students just studied for one semester, and a lot changed to smaller private schools for the 2nd semester. what is tuition for the one semester? first day of classes is sept 19...

will you guys be staying in residence once school starts?

cheers!

quentin i dont think you can register before the 12th - it says on the letter/sheet they mail us that if you arrive earlier than the 12th, you have to arrange for your own accomodations etc. BTW, where will you be staying before then?

Well, I figure that I can always stay with a friend of mine who I hosted in the states this year, but I might try to look for an apartment. I am on a scholarship which covers housing, but I am not sure how much they will pay. Does anyone have an idea as to how much the cheaper dorms are at Tsinghua? I am hoping my scholarship would be able to fully cover an apartment but if not I would just pay the difference.

forgot to mention that i have photos of the international student dorms. i went to see the school last november and did a quick tour of the dorms, ate in the cafeteria, and saw some of the classrooms as well. i also have some photos of the campus as well.

msg me if you'd like to see them!

hi everyone,

my name is patrick, i'm 23 from montreal, canada, but i've been in singapore for a year and worked for a summer in hongkong. i just graduated from law school and east asian studies and i hope to be able to find some work in China this coming year.

im heading to beijing the 12, and will stay in residence. i will study for a year at tsinghua.

i havent received any info other than the fact that i have to register between the 12-14th. does anyone know where exactly we must register and any other info on the placement test and classes?

thanks!

patrick~