Chinese-Forums

Computer help

Shi Rui'en

Okay, so first of all lets exclude everyone who uses a pc since this is on a Mac. I know, I know..but I happen to like apple's. So I just upgraded to Mac OS X but I don't know how to write in characters. Any help? I am definately not technologically gifted.

Thanks

Okay' date=' so first of all lets exclude everyone who uses a pc since this is on a Mac. I know, I know..but I happen to like apple's. So I just upgraded to Mac OS X but I don't know how to write in characters. Any help? I am definately not technologically gifted.

Thanks[/quote']

why not install its chinese vesion? then while you using computer you can also learn chinese, two birds with one stone 一石二鸟

i've never faced such a problem, since i used to use its chinese version, anyways, lets see if the link below helps...

http://www.yale.edu/chinesemac/pages/input_methods.html

and here is a dictionary

http://www.atomixtech.com:16080/download/

• 1 month later...

Ok, sorry if this reaches you late. Just read it. Usually all the questions are pc, so...

Go to System Preferences

Then "international"

Hit the "language" tab

You can drag languages into prefered order for operating system (beware the CHinese operating system. I got overwhelmed after a week!

For writing:

Go to System Preferences

Then "international"The "input menu"

Check the boxes for the kind of Chinese you want.

You will then have a menu in the top of the screen with little flags, you can pull down into it, it just takes a moment to load up.

You can use the input in most applications, but sometimes to view chinese pages in internet browsers, you will have to set that seperately. Go to "preferences" then "language" and add languages. I added all of the CHinese, just to save the trouble of having to do it again.