Chinese-Forums

小米粥的食谱

xiaojiang216

• 3 weeks later...

The following recipe is my recipe of plain rice soup. At the first time you may want to follow the recipe. After you got a sense of how to make it, you can increase the amount of water or reduce the amount to make it thicker or thinner. What I want to make a suggestion is reduce or increase the amount of water by 1/2 cup a time.

1/2 cup rice

10 cups water

1.Put ingredients in a deep sauce pot

2.High heat bring to boil

3.Turn down to lower heat and simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hours( for a pressure cooker about 15min)

For other recipes, you may add peanut, sweet rice, beans, pumpkin or sweet potato, adding these ingredients with rice at the beginning. Or green leaves vegetable, chicken, fish, meat and hum, adding these ingredients before serve.

Enjoy!

I remember I used to eat 粥 for breakfast when in China.

There's another, pancake-like thing also often eaten for breakfast. It's made from rice flower, and is used to wrap over meat or anything you fancy. It's often sold at the same place with 粥 and is often eaten with 粥. What do you call it? I forgot the name/ 汉字 for it.

There's another, pancake-like thing also often eaten for breakfast. It's made from rice flower, and is used to wrap over meat or anything you fancy. It's often sold at the same place with 粥 and is often eaten with 粥. What do you call it? I forgot the name/ 汉字 for it.

Do you mean “肠粉”?

Thanks!

Do you mean “肠粉”?
Yes, of course it's 肠粉 and I love it. Thanks, studentyoung!

Thanks also to sarahkuang for the recipe for 粥. Definitely will try making it one of these days (People in Japan sometimes eat 粥 but it's normally considered a baby food or food for bed-ridden people :mrgreen: )