Chinese-Forums

Director of studies jobs or similar -- best way to find them?

Fropie

Hi,

I'm going to study in Beijing this year, and my boyfriend has been trying to find a job so he can move here as well. He's been a director of studies at an English language academy in Europe for almost 10 years, so he seems to be over-qualified for most DOS-type jobs we've seen for Beijing. Even so, he's applied for every one that we've seen and has now started applying for normal teaching jobs as well -- anything to get him over here with a visa and a decent salary.

Problem is nobody seems interested -- I'm guessing for the teaching jobs it's because they assume he's just "using" them to get the visa? And for the DOS jobs??? I was wondering if those types of jobs go to people who are already in Beijing, and already have their working visa. If that's the case, what's the best way for him to go about finding a job from outside of China?

We're really frustrated. It just seems like a bit of a catch-22 -- employers want people already in Beijing, but in order to be in Beijing, he needs a working visa, and in order to get that, he needs someone to hire him.....!!!!!!!!!

Any suggestions?