Chinese-Forums

Boland School - anyone tried it?

danny83

• 1 month later...

Hi,

After getting a local to check the place out (and finding it was real), I took the leap and went for it!

Just finnished the second day. So far it's pretty good. Suzhou is a very nice Chinese city, not too crowed, and beautiful pockets of scenary dotted all around. Of course there is a little culture shock to be had, and also with regard to the intensity of their programme. I've had no problems or regrets so far though.

Daniel Downes.

• 2 months later...
  • 16 years later...
  • New Members

Just to demonstrate how peculiar the world can be, I will answer your question, which you posed in 2006 from the future. I will attend the Boland School, Suzhou to complete my TEFL in March 2007, but as it's now 2023 this means I completed it there 16 years ago. It was an Irish lady (Sinnaed??) who ran the place along with a Canadian lady who was more in the background.
The course ran over 5 and a half weeks and was quite intensive. There were 9 of us in my intake. One got a B+. I and I believe one other got a B, one failed to pass and the rest got C passes. This shows that they didn't just hand the certificates over in return for our fees, we had to earn them. 

They were very professional and it was a good experience overall which included some free time activities like the excursion we took to Tongji water town.

Feel free to mail me with the subject line "Boland before"  maximum333@outlook.com

• Like 2

On 6/29/2023 at 6:36 PM, Max09 said:

Feel free to mail me

Please keep the discussion here on the forums! It could be useful for anyone who wants information at a later point.