Chinese-Forums

Zhejiang University

lilongyue

Looks like I'm headed to Zheda! @oneeyedcats/ anyone: What can you tell me about going from the airport to campus for registration? Do we go to dorms first or directly to register? And what can you tell me about weight-lifting gyms on or near campus?

Thanks

@oneeyedcats, thank you for really it was really helpful
:)

Could anyone tells sth more about sport facilities at Zheda, how do you see e.g. swimming pool or gym. As Zheda students do we have to pay for using it?

Also, is there a climbing wall in Hangzhou?

Hey people,

so cool to see there is a forum for exactly this topic. Internet has everything.

I'd like to ask questions about all the cool stuff the uni and city has to offer but I guess my first questions will be all serious important boring stuff.

For example:

How soon after entering the country do you have to apply for temporary residency permit? What documents do you need for this?

I've heard you need some kind of info from uni showing that they will be providing you accommodation. This may be an issue since I'm arriving in China early in the next week to travel around a bit before hand. So I won't be visiting Hangzhou for a few weeks. Should I attempt to apply for residency before visiting the uni? Is there a rush? I heard I would have to get residency permit within 30 days of entering China?

Also I have completed the "Foreigners’ Physical Exam", at a doctor's surgery in my own country and wonder if I will have to go through the medical procedures again once I arrive.

If I'm able to apply for residency by myself, it'd be awesome as I'd love to get it out of the way early so I can enjoy travelling. Otherwise should I just wait till I get to the uni and beg for help? I'd probably arrive in China on the 7th-8th August and be roaming around for about 16 days before I get to my uni/begin to apply for residency etc.? This would be another week or so before Registration opens at the uni (Sept. 2). Should I feel rushed with residency or is it totally alright to just get it done later on.

Are there any other major things I need to worry about?

I just want to avoid being DEPORTED before I get to see my uni, lol. Otherwise this is gonna be an awesome experience.

Looking forward to meeting all you people from around the world.

Thanks for any responses you can give me. I may have repeated myself a few times in the question but I'm VERY TIRED.

THAnks

I'm sure I'll come up with a million more questions in the next day. Oh yeah, should we be paying for tuition fees now? Or can that be done on registration day?

THAKTNKTHKAKTHAKthnkas

• Like 1

Krasnaya, I'll arrive in Hangzhou on August 29. I haven't asked anyone, I will just pay to stay at a hostel if moving in isn't possible right away.

@Krasnaya

I had a note together with my admission package it says in bold : New student's on campus accommodation will be arranged based on the student dormitory resources at the different campus. And there are NO on-campus accommodation provided for the students who come before the registration date (Sept. )

So i guess like Angelina I will go directly to a hotel once i arrive Hangzhou. I hope to see you there :) and have a safe flight everyone.

anybody here going to Zijingang campus??? I hope i could meet someone that maybe arrive 30th in Hangzhou. I feel more confident if I walk around a student like me while looking for a hostel. I hope i don't have a problem with communication while looking for a hotel and esp. when i want to check-in.

• New Members

I emailed Mr Li Tang asking if it's possible to arrive before registration date and, in that case, if I should go directly to the international student dorm (I'm a scholarship student)

He only answered this "Please go to lodge in the Dorm directly, then do registration at Hall of International College Bldg. on Sept. 2 or Sept. 3."

So I guess it wouldn't be a problem arrive before registration (I'll also arrive on Aug 30th)

• Like 1

Last year I arrived a few days before the registration and I could move into my dormitory with no problem (dormitory 31 as I was a Confucius Institute Scholarship student).

Don't forget that you have to pay a deposit even if you are a scholarship student! If you live in dormitory 31 the deposit will be 400rmb.

• Like 2

Chinabro, I think you will need papers from the university and proof that you live there etc. in order to get your residence permit so I think you will have to wait until you register.

@everyone

Is it already stated on your admission which International Building you are going to be accommodated? In my case I didn't have any info for my dormitory. @maxp: if that is the case that we are allowed to lodge directly to our dormitory before registration then that would be very pleasant for us.

• New Members

@Matt Mateo Thanks for the info, I didn't know about the deposit

@daeiram89 With my admission notice came another paper that says that dorms for full student scholarship student are yuquan international student dorm, yuquan dorm no 31, zijingang cuibai dorm (maybe you should go there), xi no 10 dorm and huajiachi int student dorm. I'm a language student so I'll go to yuquan

@maxp

Thank you for the info. I send an email to Mr. Li Tang and fortunately he replied to me that we can directly lodge into our dorm after arrival before we start the registration, but i guess all registration will be done in Yuquan campus is it? So does it mean student like me ( I will be in Zijingang) i need to lodge first in my campus dorm before going to the Yuquan campus for registration.

Another thing, is there somebody who are accommodated by this international housing? (Gangwan Jianyan International Student Dorm on Zijingang Campus (浙江大学紫金港校区港湾家园4幢1单元留学生宿舍)They said this will be my dorm for the new coming semester.

• Like 1

• New Members

Hello,

my friend and I just get the scholarship, we have all the documents but we still don't know where is our dorm, when can we get there and should it be before or after registration at International College? Our freinds from other universities got this information with admission ticet and I was wandering is it typical for Zhejiang that they don't give such informations earlier or should we be worried that we didn't get it?

I would be grateful if someone would give us some advice!

Thanks!

@cudnie

My admission package didn't have information also to where I am going to stay, what i did is i wrote an email to Mr. Li Tang asking about it. Just let him know that you didn't receive any paper containing information regarding your on campus accommodation. For now, I am very positive that students who are arranged at campus dormitory (under scholarship) can lodge first after arrival even days before registration date as what Mr. Li confirmed.

Give him an email and tell him your program and your full name, then he will tell your campus and which dormitory you are going to be accommodated.