Chinese-Forums

Master in China

克里斯托弗

Hi there!

I am about to finish my Bachelor of Arts in Asianstudies. During my studies I focused on China and the chinese language. I already spent one year in China to improve my chinese skills (supported by a CSC partial scholarship).

Now I am thinking of doing my Master in China. I already found some universities with different programs I am interested in.

The last time I took the HSK I only got a 3 in the elementary/intermediate level. So before starting my studies in China, I will probably need one or two semesters to improve my chinese once again.

Do you guys have any experience with Master programs in China? Is it possible to do a Master of Science or Master of Law with a Bachelor of Arts? Did anybody apply for the CSC Master's degree program? Are there any other scholarship programs?

:conf

Thanks for your help in advance!

克里斯托弗

Edited by 克里斯托弗

Hi!

Thanks for your reply!

I already used the forum search but I only found posts by people who were planning to spend a semester or two for language studies... I am interested in doing my Master in China. And I am looking for a chinese taught master, not an english one...

Do you know any non-chinese who have done this?

gato: thank you for the links! I think there are some that I didnt find myself! :)

anoymoose: of course I dont want to do a master in mathematics or something like this... I would have no chance to pass something like this.

I heard that there are some kinds of non-consecutive masters available, e.g. a M.Sc. in economics for people without economic background. Does something like this exist in china?

I heard that there are some kinds of non-consecutive masters available, e.g. a M.Sc. in economics for people without economic background. Does something like this exist in china?

If you mean "economics with no math required", I doubt such things exist, at least in China. If Chinese students are good at anything, it's doing math problems and memorizing large sections of text.

Hehe damn! Yeah that was exactly what I meant... I suck at mathematics...

So you don't think there are any other non-mathematical Master programms taught in chinese, that are worth applying for?

My intention is to get a Master in another field than culture and language but at the same time improve my command of chinese, to be able to find a job in the future. That's why I was thinking of doing my master in china...