Chinese-Forums

Questions about the will-excel authenticity.

ammcknockiter

i have looked at will-excel school and thought it looked like a great idea i can study the 160hr tesol course(1 month) and then once thats completed i will be placed at a school if i get sponsored and if i am sponsored i don't pay any fees how great is that. BUT a quick Google search and i find nothing good about the school apart from the schools own released press work. but like all things in life you only ever hear bad press. so some questions have been raised about the authenticity of school and the qualifications you get and i ask if people on this website can you answer them.

questions

1. is the government accredited 160 hr TESOL diploma real and worth it,

2. if i don't have a degree is the 160 hr TESOL diploma and 500 hr working in a school enough to qualify for a government accredited degree like said on the website.

do really get a degree just for doing the job well with out 4 years of study,

http://www.willexceltesol.com

First off, before I answer your questions I need to tell you that I'm the co-founder and Dean of the school. We have some former graduates on this forum. It's possible they may see this and respond as well.

is the government accredited 160 hr TESOL diploma real[....]l

It is indeed real. All of our diplomas/certificates are stamped by the local education bureau. We even have officials arrange to sit in on our classes from time to time to ensure that our teaching is up to standard.

[...]worth it

As someone who is affiliated with the program, of course I'm going to say it's worth it. However, this course, and any other training program, is only worth what you put in to it. If you're not willing to put in the hard work, time and effort necessary to become a good teacher, both before, during and after the course, then you're not going to benefit from this or any other program.

Sure, getting a government accredited diploma at the end of the day is great, especially if you want to stay in China, but what is that diploma actually worth if you don't have knowledge or practical experience to back it up?

if i don't have a degree is the 160 hr TESOL diploma and 500 hr working in a school enough to qualify for a government accredited degree like said on the website

Are you asking if our course will give you credit for another university? If this is your question, then the answer is "it depends". Each university is different, and each requires different things in order to give credit. Many graduates that have returned to university for TESOL-related degrees have been able to get credit toward their degree through the coursework they completed in our program.

Whether or not you get credit from your university depends on the university. We can supply all necessary paperwork in order for you to do so.

I do not have a degree and there for can't get a z visa to teach oral English in china. But I am comming to China anyways on a tourist visa to travel And look for work. I am a sales trainer in the uk. I teach people how to speak and have a conversion Sound silly but that's what I do. So I thought teaching oral English might be a good gap year for me. Thanks for advice. But I don't have a degree so might be hard.

I do not have a degree and there for can't get a z visa to teach oral English in china.
But I don't have a degree so might be hard.

Have you read the other visa/degree-related posts on this forum? In particular, the one that you started here about working without a degree?

It's very possible to work here on a legal Z visa without a four-year degree. Many people do it. Sure, you may not have as many options as those with four-year degrees, but as long as you have a TESOL, you'll be eligible for many good jobs throughout the country.

• 2 months later...

First off, before I answer your questions I need to tell you that I'm the co-founder and Dean of the school. We have some former graduates on this forum. It's possible they may see this and respond as well.

Kdavid, can I ask for sponsored participants, where the partner sponsor schools are located? Are they just in Harbin or in other cities?

Kdavid, can I ask for sponsored participants, where the partner sponsor schools are located? Are they just in Harbin or in other cities?

Hi, Mimi. Thanks for your question.

Gradates of our sponsored TESOL Course go on teach at schools all throughout China, not just Harbin. Our FAQ lists a number of different cities to which sponsored teachers go after completing the 160-hour TESOL Course.

Just to clarify also. The sponsorship is only applicable for the TESOL diploma? There is no sponsorship available for just the certificate?

And both the diploma and the certificate cost the same amount? Your website didn't seem to specify clearly.

I am looking to gain some TESOL exp but ultimately want to teach in Beijing.

Thanks

Just to clarify also. The sponsorship is only applicable for the TESOL diploma? There is no sponsorship available for just the certificate?

The sponsored option entails that you go to work for a school to "pay off" your TESOL tuition. If someone is only doing the certificate program, they aren't necessarily going on to begin teaching right away.

And both the diploma and the certificate cost the same amount? Your website didn't seem to specify clearly.

All TESOL course tuition options are spelled out clearly on this page.

• 2 months later...

Hi, Mimi. Thanks for your question.

Gradates of our sponsored TESOL Course go on teach at schools all throughout China, not just Harbin. Our FAQ lists a number of different cities to which sponsored teachers go after completing the 160-hour TESOL Course.

Hi, that's useful info. I was just looking at your course offerings a few minutes ago. I have an LlB (law degree) not a BA in English, but as you might guess, my English is (if I say so myself) reasonably good. I also studied French and Latin for 3 years each (albeit many years ago!), and have a basic understanding of German.

My question is, given this, what are my chances of a placement in 湖南 长沙 (Hunan Changsha)? I'm only checking out options at the moment, but would like some feedback. Thank you for your time.

Reason? I know someone in 长沙. I have visited and would be keen to return.

Hi, that's useful info. I was just looking at your course offerings a few minutes ago. I have an LlB (law degree) not a BA in English, but as you might guess, my English is (if I say so myself) reasonably good. I also studied French and Latin for 3 years each (albeit many years ago!), and have a basic understanding of German.

My question is, given this, what are my chances of a placement in 湖南 长沙 (Hunan Changsha)? I'm only checking out options at the moment, but would like some feedback. Thank you for your time.

Reason? I know someone in 长沙. I have visited and would be keen to return.

Thanks for your question. This is something we should probably take to email to discuss.

In short, sponsored positions are very limited. If you're flexible on where you'd like to go, you have a greater chance at getting sponsored. If you're only willing to teach in one location, it's best if you look at enrolling under the non-sponsored option and getting support for finding a position in that city after arrival.