Chinese-Forums

Tsinghua IMBA

chemistry

Hi

I was just notified of an interview at Tsinghua for IMBA program.

What are my chances of getting in?

GMAT 670, Writing 4.5/6

Chemistry undergrad from University of British Columbia

Currently doing undergrad research in atmospheric chemistry, will publish thesis and paper

3.03/4 GPA

Part-time work experience since 15.

participated in a conservation project in South Africa for a month

internship at venture capital corp for a month- human resorces

Hey Chemistry,

I'm applying to the same program. From my research, I'd say your chances are good. The GMAT scores for this program are on average lower than yours, and I get the distinct impression they'd appreciate more Westerners in their program.

Have you got your app ready, or have you already submitted it? What did you do about the "official certificate of financial support," which my banks have never heard of? They asked me if I wanted them to just write a letter confirming what is in my account, and I told them to go for it...but I have no idea if this will be sufficient. Actually, I haven't asked the schools yet, but since I'm applying for scholarships I would prefer not to have to disclose how much $ I personally have.

hey,

I have already submitted my apps. I went for the dec 15 deadline. I was notified of interview time.

The bank thing I had to pay for. It is a service offered by my bank. It is like a letter but much more formal. They have to sign off on it and the bank heading and all that stuff. Just make sure the bank has its contact and info on there. They just have to draft up a letter saying how long you been with them and how much money is in your account to date they write the letter.

If you don't want to disclose your financial info too much. Open an account at a different bank and put the minimum +2% in that account. And get them to write it.

If you could give me some background on you. We might end up going to school together!

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Plenglaz,

I am considering applying for the Tsinghua SEM IMBA in 2013, but I have not made up my mind yet.

The most important factor that will influence my decision is whether I will be able to get the Chinese Government Scholarship to take care of tuition fees and accommodation, as otherwise I will not be able to support myself during the 2-year program.

How about you? Are you planning to apply for a scholarship?

Best Regards,

SLA

@SLA:

this thread http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/34696-now-that-i-got-it-they-refuse-me-the-csc-scholarship/

has two different accounts of scholarship vs courses taught in English.

Basically CSC scholarship will not cover these courses, but other scholarship like the Shanghai government scholarship might.

Hi SLA,

Great to hear that you are also considering in applying to Tsinghua IMBA =)

And yes, I plan to apply for scholarship too. Apart from CSC scholarship, just in case that this scholarship doesn't cover this course, we could try for Beijing Government Scholarship or Tsinghua University Scholarship as well.

This is a link to an English guy's blog on the financial times about his experiences at Tsinghua's IMBA. It's brilliantly written and very informative - but I think it's worth taking the last post into account - he talks about the lack of positions for non chinese speaking westerners in China.. It might make you think seriously about going there if you're doing it to eventually work in Asia.

• 1 year later...
  • New Members

I am going to apply for the Tsingshua MIT MBA program in Fall 2015 taught in English

Does anyone now how much the CSC scholarships covers the tuition fee? Any other scholarships I should I apply to?

Is anyone starting the MBA program next year?

• 8 months later...