Chinese-Forums

Mailing Prescription Medication to China

Helios

I've had medication sent to me in the past. We didn't do anything special, we just ensured the packaging was clearly marked in the contents section: "prescription medication".

Also, the package may be opened and inspected. When they do this, they'll call the number on the package (make sure whoever is mailing stuff to you puts down your mobile number). When they call you, they'll want your passport number. They may also ask what the medication is for.

• 1 year later...

bumping this thread. It covers exactly what I wanted to ask. I'm having my mom send me a two-month supply with some other things in a care package (the script would be from my doctor in my name). wondering if there would be any issues with doing this? thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Here's an update on my situation. My mom sent me this package as stated above on March 27. According to usps tracker it arrived on April 2 in PRC and was processed through sort facility. That is the last update it gives. And well folks I still haven't received it.

Does anyone know what could be happening and whether I still might receive the package. I told her to do the things that KDavid described. At the moment USPS is looking into it. Smartly, my mom purchased insurance, but we both stll really want this package to arrive.

#6 -- I had some prescription medication go missing last year in the post (US to China.) Never found it. Could trace it to a regional sorting center (in Chengdu) and then it disappeared into thin air. Probably abducted by aliens for their personal use.

Experience seems to vary on this. Most times people report medication comes through just fine, but mine didn't.