Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2011

Brian US

oldsole00 I would suggest you note that in both packets you are sending. Simply that the application is not complete, but should arrive within days of each other. Keep trying to follow up because this may be very unreliable.

• New Members

Hi Folks,

I am just about to start my application from London-UK. Any idea where is the best (and cheapest) place to do the health check? I rang my GP and I was told that I could see him in 2 weeks time coz there are more important cases and I am not dying. Do I have to stab myself to get through? I would appreciate your help. Good luck!

After a very, very long wait, I've completed my application. I'll be getting everything in the mail tomorrow afternoon. I'm DHLing everything from Harbin to DC. Everything should arrive by the end of next week at the latest.

Question:

If your application is unsuccessful, are you notified?

@AshleyUK

Where in the UK are you?

If you call about, you can get seen to asap. Don't expect it to be cheap though; i paid around £300 for mine but i have no doubt that you can find it cheaper. Mine was just convenient and it was all done quickly, with the results sent to my house in a few days.

Just remember, they need everything by the 30th.

Now my next task is to photocopy everything. My medical stuff alone is about 7 pages!

Now my next task is to photocopy everything. My medical stuff alone is about 7 pages!

I'm pretty sure all you need to submit is the two page "Physical Examination Record for Foreigner" form, completed and signed by your physician.

Kdavid, last year I applied, a person from the DC embassy sent me an email on July 17 saying I did not receive the scholarship.

Dear Candidate,

Thanks for applying for 2010-2011 Chinese Government Scholarship. However, since it's a highly competitive scholarship program, we are very sorry to tell you that you are not accepted by the scholarship program. If you are still interested in studying in China, you can contact the universities in China directly and get ready earlier next year.

Best,

Xiao

^ This is what I was sent.

Do you have to attach a photo to the application form?

Yes, passport photos are cheap in China so I just threw in a few extra as well.

Does insurance in the UK cover a physical if you need to see a doctor due to your back "hurting?"

The earliest deadlines are fast approaching, but don't be discouraged if you are still waiting on documents. I think you should still submit everything and keep in mind the April 30th deadline. Yes we have reports that it is earlier, but this depends on who+when you talk to someone. Pretty sure the April 30th deadline has been around for years and the fact they made it earlier without a public announcement is strange.

@Brian US

The April 30th deadline is the deadline for the CSC administration to receive the applications, which means the embassies have to get the documents prepared and send them to the CSC administration before that day. The embassies do pre-screening/handling of applications, and then send the apps to the CSC. This is why the DC embassy sets their deadline before April 30th (last year March 31st, this year March 15th).

kdavid

I applied for the Chinese Government Language Student Scholarship.

No idea why I didn't get it, but I emailed Xiao back asking her just that, and I got this in reply:

Dear PIASANO,

This scholarship is very competitive and believe me, it has nothing to do with your age. Since you get accepted by Beijing University of Technology, why don't you apply their scholarship directly? It will indeed help get the scholarship if you have got an acceptance notice from a Chinese University

Xiao

So this year I sent in an acceptance letter with my application, maybe it will help my chances.

I went through last year's thread and found some members that applied late:

Amy Racecar applied March 26th and mentioned she received an e-mail about majors in May. Didn't say she was accepted or what country she is from, but a response leads me to believe her application went through.

Xauner applied April 8th and was accepted July 20th.

vkim67 an American sent the application after April 13th and was accepted in July.

I still want to encourage early applicants, because one member posted in late March that the EU already met its quota with over 600 applications.

hello to everyone....im new here....i wud like to know something abt the CSC ...when filling the application form online through www.csc.edu.cn ...i want to put my photo and at last my signature...anyone can help me out ..i try it but it didnt work..there was no space for putting photo in the application process......i apply for the scholarship and the university told me to sign up in the CSC website by putting my photo with my signature...i tried it but only i can fill up my form but i cant insert photo anywhere and my signature also ...

so plz anyone help me out ....thxs its emergency.....

hi yeah she is rt...im also facing the same problem...they ask me to sign up in the CSC website with my photo and signature ...but i cant find it when i fill fill the application form...so i dnt know wat actually they want ...

> ⅰ. Log in to http://laihua.csc.edu.cn.>

> ⅱ. Register account.>

> ⅲ. Log in using your account and password, put organization code , fill in the application form and save.

> > ⅳ. Check details and print the form with your signature and photo...

but before printing i cant sign it bcz its a pdf format .....

i can sign and insert a photo only after pring it out bcz its a pdf format....

anyone plz suggest me....

I only put down one school in the preferences section as I can only study here in Harbin, and only one university has my major.

I applied to the school prior to sending off my application, but they said I'd need to take the entry test before I could get an acceptance letter. With as slow as they've been moving, I didn't want to wait for the letter before sending off my application for a March 15 due date.

*fingers crossed*

@kdavid

I'm in Nanjing and while it's not my only option (NJU, PKU, RMU) I would strongly prefer to stay here. I'm in the same situation with the deadline and was hoping to solve it so I sent an email to admissions:

Hello,

I am applying for the Chinese Scholarship Council's Government Scholarship for fall 2011. I will be applying through the Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C.

It is recommended that I receive a letter of invitation from Nanjing University to include with my application. Yet, it is impossible to apply to NJU at the current time. Is there another way to receive this letter to include with my application? Please let me know.

Thank you.

And the response:

Hello,

Here is the application form, please fill in it and send it back to me, I will deal with it for you. If you are accepted, I will send the admission notice to you in two weeks.

Of course, two weeks is entirely too late given the U.S. deadline, but at least admissions will be familiar with my name when/if the CSC packet gets there. Not sure why Harbin and NJU would have different admissions policies, by the way, other than NJU's rep (and therefore comfort) with admitting foreigners. But good luck regardless.