Chinese-Forums

Tianjin University

roddy

This topic is for discussion and reviews of Tianjin University. Accommodation, courses, on-campus facilities and activities - anything to do with Tianjin University goes in here. If there's a lot of discussion about any one particular topic we might split it into a new thread and leave a link here.

• 5 years later...

Thanks for response but actually NO.

http://www.ietju.com...emid=96〈=en This link is heading to TU's school of international education and cost is different

46 Yuan/Day

50 Yuan/Day

I've found your link the other day with 58 Yuan/day and that's why I'm asking. Even Study-in-china.com the prices were different.

Confused a little bit.

Considering two universities: Lanzhou University & Tianjin University for studying Chinese and i need to know all the cost I'll bear next year. (food, transportation etc.)

• 2 months later...

Hi! I have a question about the dorms at Tianjin University! I will be staying in LiuYuan international student dorm next year and I need to know what I need to do about internet there. Do they have wi-fi in the dorms at LiuYuan (or just Tianjin in general) or do I need an ethernet cord? Or is there no internet at all?

I am really curious about the dorm but there is not a lot of information online so I hope someone can tell me more about it! Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I want to apply next year for the fall semester at Tianjin University.

Is anyone at this university that could give me some tips? I am about to graduate this December and I am taking the HSK 4 test next month as well.

Are any majors better than others? Is the application process smooth? I haven't been able to find too much information in English. I'm putting together my applications form together at the moment for the school.

The website is also down at the moment: http://www.ietju.com/

• 3 months later...

HI! SO I asked a question about TJU before I went there and got no help, so now I would like to help out the last two who asked questions? I'm a little late for one, sorry I didn't see it. I am here this year so I can tell you what i know.

Rondelle, scholarship students live in Liuyuan, we all have roommates. Some people get there a little early and get lucky to stay in the nicer rooms with bathrooms, so keep in mind that you can go earlier than the registration time in order to get a room with a bathroom.

Kanjiology, this is super late help sorry.

TJU is most famous for it's architecture major, so I know for sure that it is very good. There are also tons of engineering students here. TJU is known as being kind of a science-math type school while Nankai next door is known for culture and literature. If you have any questions about the school feel free to ask me, but I wont be here when you get here because I'm going home!

• Like 4

@rondelle, If you get here early enough you could get into B or D block! Lots of scholarship students are there and they don't have to share bathrooms! I was just super late so I got stuck in the not-so-nice dorms!

Good luck!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am at Tianjin University this semester studying Chinese in the Spring. Right now I am paying out of my pocket but I already applied for the CSC scholarship for Masters, waiting on the results in June. I am living in YouYuan at the moment, I would also be happy to help anyone with questions regarding Tianjin University.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Tianjin is a pretty big city but you're not as likely to run into other foreigners as often as say Beijing or Shanghai. Anywhere you go off campus, you're going to be needing to put your Chinese skills to use. If you have hobbies or interests, I am sure you can find some kind of community and make friends. One advantage I had at Tianjin University taking Chinese classes was that none of my peers spoke English, and if we wanted to communicate with one another, we would have to use Chinese as an intermediate. One trap I see a lot of foreigners fall into is hanging out with people of the same country and speak their native language rather than practicing their Chinese. If you find some Chinese friends you shouldn't have trouble immersing yourself unless they use you to practice their English, haha.

I noticed you're asking a lot of questions about the CSC Scholarship on the forums, I came here as a self-paid student, and now I have received the scholarship. Good luck.

@kanjiology

Thanks for keeping this thread alive, i hv been following your post quite sometime, if god wishes i will be studying at tianjin university of technology and education so i was wondering if we are on the same boat? as i hv seen more than one tianjin uni on the web.

No problem Mtabe, but I am afraid we are talking about two different universities. You'll be studying at Tianjin University of Technology and Education(TUTE)(天津工程师范学院). While this is Tianjin University (TJU)(天津大学), the first university in China, originally known as Peiyang University 北洋大学堂. There are lots of universities in Tianjin with similar names, but they are different schools. If there isn't already a thread for TUTE, I am sure Roddy wouldn't mind starting one for you. I wish you the best of luck.