Chinese-Forums

Beijing International Studies University

roddy

This topic is for discussion and reviews of Beijing International Studies University. Accommodation, courses, on-campus facilities and activities - anything to do with Beijing International Studies University goes in here. If there's a lot of discussion about any one particular topic we might split it into a new thread and leave a link here.

• 5 years later...

Hi I wasn't sure if anyone could provide any insight into a question I have, but any information anyone can provide would be wonderful. I was contacted today by a miss Cui Ling in regard to my China Scholarship "offering". I have been trying to return her calls using my skype account, but have not received an answer. I could call on my cell phone, but would like to avoid the high rates. I was wondering if you had any contact information in regard to her, or anyone that I might be able to contact in English? The only number I could find for her was 861062765851, and the missed call on my phone was from a complete different number. Any info you have that may help would be great, and thank you so much!

I applied to the MIR program, and CSC scholarship several months ago. I have also tried email on several occasions, but have got no response. Does anyone know an alternative to Skype to call China that is relatively cheap, or another number for the MIR program that I can try to contact?

Skype works fine - if you're not getting through there's some other problem. It's entirely normal for nobody to pick up in Chinese university offices though.

If you can find a fax number, try that. Faxes are harder to ignore, and it gives them time to figure out the English.

• 5 years later...

I took pictures of my dorm when I first got to this school a year ago for my parents, just found them on my computer while cleaning things and thought I would post it in case anyone is interested. 

It looks really different now because I changed the furniture around to make it less hotel- feel. I think the dorms at BISU are really nice, we also have a public kitchen that I can take a picture of when I get back on campus if anyone is interested. 

BISU also known as 二外 is a pretty no-name university in Beijing located on the outskirts of Beijing but close to the 6 line and the Batong line (which connects to the 1 line). Most international students come here to study Tourism & Management as the majors pretty good but its also a school that fosters a lot of those 1 year Chinese preparation programs that students attend before moving onto their majors. My major is in Translation and Interpretation and I begin my programs study at last in September. 

I'm happy to answer anyone's questions about the school and i'm sorry that I didn't post this when I first got here as I planned to. 

IMG_4650.JPG

IMG_4655.JPG

IMG_4656.JPG

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1