Chinese-Forums

Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications

roddy

This topic is for discussion and reviews of Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications. Accommodation, courses, on-campus facilities and activities - anything to do with Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunicationsgoes in here. If there's a lot of discussion about any one particular topic we might split it into a new thread and leave a link here.

• 5 years later...
Zero replies after 5 years

Not quite - I created a bunch of topics for Chinese universities over the summer, just for the sake of having one designated thread per uni and try and keep things a bit more organized. I dated them all 2007 so that if I'm moving posts in from other topic they won't appear at the top. If that makes sense. So this post has been here a matter of months.

That said - I don't think we've ever had any feedback on BUPT. It's just over the road from Beijing Normal University though, so if you're looking for information on the area and off-campus accommodation a lot of the information will be valid.

One of several noted cybersecurity experts they enlisted was Fang Binxing, president of Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, who is often called the father of China’s “Great Firewall,” the nation’s vast Internet censorship system.

You may have some trouble accessing Facebook while there :lol:

• 1 month later...
It's just over the road from Beijing Normal University though, so if you're looking for information on the area and off-campus accommodation a lot of the information will be valid.

I'm mainly interested in information on their Chinese courses: class size; homework, teachers, students, textbooks, etc.

Surely there must be someone that went there, it's not like it's somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Their website http://www.bupt.edu.cn/ does have a 汉语留学生 link. Unfortunately, it's broken: http://hanyu.bupt.edu.cn/

Any ideas on how to get more information? I'm not in Beijing yet, and I somehow think e-mailing would be a waste of time...

Actually, as of last summer when I drew up a spreadsheet, none of our members had been to BUPT, so I wouldn't get your hopes up. It's not in a particularly popular location (although one I rate very highly), it's not, given its specialization, likely to be all that hot at language teaching (might be great, who knows?) and the chances are its international department is more geared up to training engineers from the developing world.

You could try CUCAS, see what they can tell you.