Chinese-Forums

China University of Petroleum, Qingdao

roddy

This topic is for discussion and reviews of China University of Petroleum's Qingdao campus. Accommodation, courses, on-campus facilities and activities - anything to do with China University of Petroleum's Qingdao campus goes in here. If there's a lot of discussion about any one particular topic we might split it into a new thread and leave a link here.

(Also has another campus on the outskirts of Beijing)

• 6 years later...

Petroleum Engineering program is changed to RMB 20,000 per year, while Electrical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Civil Engineering programs are changed to RMB 18,000 per year. These programs are all taught in English.

• 2 years later...

I am curious about studying Chinese in a non-degree program at CUP, Huadong for 1 or 2 years.

I do like the idea of living on a new(er) campus near the ocean in "the Mandarin belt" (never mind that Qingdao dialect). I also like it that there appears to be fewer foreign students here as compared to its counterpart Ocean University.

Getting a single room in a dormitory appeals to me and I have found that they have a reasonable monthly rent for a single dorm room, 1200RMB for an ocean view room (!).

I also like it that their website has a fair bit of information and a prospectus to peruse. Unlike other Chinese universities, CUP, Huadong seems to have a somewhat useful website to navigate:

http://cie.upc.edu.cn/enAbout.asp?id=158#

http://cie.upc.edu.cn/enAbout.asp?id=173

Just sharing what I have found out and just fishing for any firsthand accounts of what it is like to study at CUP, Huadong. Many thanks!

http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/universitydetailen.aspx?collegeId=178

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Impressively enough, I sent CUP (Huadong) an email around 4pm on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 and they replied to it about 30 minutes later around 4:30. They adequately addressed my inquiry.

Just reporting to the forum on this speedy response.  8)  

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, thanks to you, I'm going to choose this university, I had a headache for choosing which university I'm going to apply for a year language program next september, I found this topic by accident, I love the city, the university looks fantastic, but the most important is that quick answer from the staff, I'll try that on monday and be back here to post what happend

If anyone did study in this university, please let us know how was the teaching in there.

• Like 1

Well big surprise I have emailed them to have more informations about the program and procedure, I also asked them for a program schedule and about thr single room here is their mail :

"Hello,

You can apply our Chinese Course on September, but we only provide single room for Doctoral students."

I have mailed : mxy@upc.edu.cn

I don't know if it's the right or wrong person...