1. been registered by 国家汉办 as a
registered HSK Testing Centre
(We can also do BCT and YCT too)

2. opened our
Guangzhou school
last month. It is 9 classrooms in Victory Plaza

3. commenced
Chinese teacher training programs
for both local Chinese and foreigners to become recognised teachers of Chinese to non-native speakers

4. completed
renovations at our Beijing school
in Central Place, modernising all classrooms and growing capacity to 20 classrooms

5. opened our
London office
with plans to open a school there in the near future

6. launched our
new website
:

7. finally got onto
Youtube
. Our account username is:
ChinaMandarinHouse

8. started our LinkedIn
Alumni Group
. If you are one of our current or former students you can join

Thank you for your time and all the best with your Chinese learning!

The Mandarin House team

Hi abcdefg,

For now our prices are not on the website, but of course are readily given together with a learning proposal to enquiries we receive from our info@mandarinhouse.cn email and/or online contact/registration pages.

We did have our prices online for over 7 years but decided recently to test the waters in trying to not make everything about price as we would prefer people to choose us based on our quality first. In the end though, who knows, after trying this out for a while we may decide to put them back online again after all.

I hope you liked our website - it is our new baby!

• 6 months later...

It's not good to omit the prices, IMO. I have been looking at schools in Shanghai and I have found that schools that don't advertise their prices on their website are trying to squeeze as much as possible out of different students, and I for one wouldn't go to a school that worked like a fake purse market. Bargaining is fine in some circumstances, but not with school tuition.

Case in point: two days ago I went to "Morning Mandarin" here in Shanghai, and I was offered 1-1 classes at 85 RMB an hour, yet my friend who attends the school (and who recommended them to me) only pays 80 RMB. Also, the admissions counselor at first offered me 5 additional, free one hour classes with a "teacher trainee" if I paid for 5 hours with a standard teacher, and she pathetically implored me not to tell me friend that I would be getting 5 free classes as he was only getting 2 or 3 free classes per week with a teacher trainee. She then left the room and came back in 4 minutes later, telling me her boss told her that they could only offer me 2 free classes, and how sorry she was. The whole time it seemed much more like a sales pitch than a Q & A session with an admissions counselor. Shady!!

She then left the room and came back in 4 minutes later, telling me her boss told her that they could only offer me 2 free classes, and how sorry she was. The whole time it seemed much more like a sales pitch than a Q & A session with an admissions counselor.

This is a standard car selling tactic in the US. "I would like to give you an even sweeter offer, but the sales manager says I can only give you this much of a discount."

• 8 months later...

Dear all,

My name's Ian from Mandarin House. I wanted to share with you the recent news that Mandarin House has once again won an STM Star Award. This year we received the accolade of the “Star World Language School.”

The STM Star Awards are an annual, peer voted award in the education industry. STM is a Study, Travel magazine that provides useful advice to people who are interested in studying and travelling to a country or place. It provides articles and reviews on educational courses in countries all over the world

Read more here. If you have any questions about Mandarin House please feel free to shoot us a question.

• 2 months later...

Mandarin House’s Top 5 Chinese Christmas Words

Mandarin House wants to wish all of you hardworking students out there, studying Mandarin a very Merry Christmas. To celebrate this special time of year, we wanted to provide you with some Christmas inspired, Chinese vocabulary. Check out our top five Mandarin Chinese, Christmas words below:

Number 1: Christmas, 圣诞节, shèngdànjié

Because Chinese is such a logical language, the most important word to learn is Christmas. With this as a base you can create lots of cool Chinese Christmas words. The Chinese characters here literally mean “Holy Birthday Festival.”

Number 2: Christmas Eve, 圣诞夜, shèngdànyè

The second most important Christmas Chinese word is, in our opinion, Christmas Eve. Christmas Eve translates as “Holy Birthday Night.”

Number 3: Father Christmas, 圣诞老人, shèngdànlǎorén

What would Christmas be without Father Christmas? Because of the fantastically logical nature of the Chinese language, to make the word Father Christmas all we do is combine the characters for “Christmas” (圣诞, shèngdàn) with the characters for “old man” (老人lǎorén) and we have Father Christmas.

Number 4: Christmas Card, 圣诞卡, shèngdànkǎ

Ok, so Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without sending cards. The problem is though if you’re are a student in China it is not easy to know where to buy Christmas cards from. Don’t worry though you can find them, you just need to know the word and ask.

Number 5: Snowman, 雪人, xuěrén

If you are lucky enough to have a white Chinese Christmas, then one thing you have to do is make a snowman. So how do you say it in Chinese? Simple. Simply combine the character for snow with the character for person and we have “snow person” or snowman.

So there we go Mandarin House’s Top 5 Christmas, Chinese words. We wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas (圣诞快乐, shèngdàn kuàilè) and a Happy New Year (新年快,乐xīnnián kuàilè).

If you would like to find out more about Christmas in China www.mandarinhouse.com/christmas-in-chinese

Number 2: Christmas Eve, 圣诞夜, shèngdànyè

I more often hear 平安夜 here in Kunming.

And it might be interesting to your students to know how that gave rise to the custom of giving a nicely wrapped apple as a Christmas Eve gift.

• Like 1