Chinese-Forums

First Episode 93: 夫妻那些事

heifeng

A part of the Grand First Episode Project -- See this thread for more info.

Another series I do not see posts on yet (other than the challenges on the Blogs) is 夫妻那些事

Basically the story starts out with a successful 丁克夫妻 & the husband's parents insisting on grand children....yep, this part of the story line got old fast. HOWEVER, a redeeming quality of the show is that the main couple is more mature (late 30's not early/mid 20s like some of the other recent popular series about marriage ) and there is not a bunch of continual bickering back and forth. Instead they actually try to resolve their problems in a reasonable way. Overall, they are a very down to earth couple whose marriage is faced with this and other challenges. But who wants to see just that?! Well, meanwhile the marriages of their friends are falling apart.

Other than the in-laws which are pretty annoying, the other characters are fairly interesting, some more so than others. The series started off 'ok' but has managed to gain some momentum, especially as things start to far apart for some of the other couples and their own insecurities and other problems come to light. For the most part the series has enough comic relief to keep it entertaining, and I do want to root for the characters and hope all ends well....we'll see. So far I'm up to episode 19 of 34. Maybe 2.5 to 3 out of 4 stars so far.

So, as an update I finished 夫妻那些事 a lil' while ago and I give it a rating of 2.5 out of 4. However, my TV-watching partner in crime gave it a 4 out of 4, for an average of 3 and a quarter stars! ( I liked 北爱 more that's for sure!)

Edited by renzhe
Merged part from a different post, added preamble
  • Like 1