Chinese-Forums

How can I disable "play sound" in ZDT?

abcdefg

Recently installed ZDT version 9. (Environment is Win 7.) Works well except for sound.

When doing flashcards in the "self-review" mode, ZDT automatically tries to play the sound of the word, but can't. It then displays an error message that slows down my reviews. I wan't to turn off its attempts at playing sounds, but can't figure out how.

I thought there might be a way in "Preferences>Sound" but there does not seem to be. Nor can I find a way under "Preferences>Flashcards>"

Two screenshots below. The second screenshot shows the "Audio" box as unchecked.

Any ideas? Thanks.

post-20301-0-14687300-1356775822_thumb.jpg

post-20301-0-40592100-1356775842_thumb.jpg

Might not be as dead as I thought - the guy that ran the project hasn't logged in here for years, but I noticed files were updated on sourceforge in early 2012? Still, Anki does seem to the the tool of choice nowadays, except for those with Pleco.

I've used Anki for several years and like it quite a bit. But I use ZDT along with it. I first learn a batch of new words using ZDT, for example the 30 or so new words from each new lesson. I like the way ZDT lets me test myself on Pinyin recall.

Then I transfer those words to Anki to benefit from the SRS system it employs. Guess I need to change my tried and true method.

• 3 months later...

In the flash card at the bottom there is a line with 4 check boxes for Character, Pinyin, Definition and Audio. To disable Audio, just uncheck its checkbox.

Please read the following message and install the file attached there to fix the bug you've mentioned above.

http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/36996-zdt-090b1-relased/page__st__40__gopid__305502#comment-305502