Chinese-Forums

Cartoon Series on Youku(or similar)

GotJack

Firstly , apologies, I have searched for this in the forum but haven't found what im looking for

What I'm wanting help in is finding a Cartoon series/Tv Series that is incredibly basic. This is for listening practices. Im talking like what 4/5/6 years old watch on TV. If anyone can suggest something on Youku Id be really appreciative

(p.s if anyone knows one with some sort of interesting plot line-that would be an added bonus!)

• Like 1

http://studymorechinese.com/profiles/blogs/watch-chinese-cartoons-spongebob-dora-for-kids-learning-mandarin

Dora seems pretty easy to follow with lots of repetition of key vocabulary (and it teaches you some English too, but mostly it's Chinese).

Appears to be without subs, you can buy Spongebob DVDs with subs though.  

For a bit more advanced stuff, but perhaps more enjoyable, Spiderman is available dubbed on DVD, as are almost all the Pixar and Disney movies.

• Like 1

Cheers for the link, hadn't thought of watching it. Didn't really like it in English but the Chinese version is class. Any idea if it's possible to get scripts in Chinese for Spongebob? It's brilliant but I'd love to get the bits I'm missing out on which is about 60%

• Like 1

I found the link to Dora and that seems to be pretty much my level right now, it helps that I've had kids who have forced me to sit through the English version of Dora a few times before :)

I am struggling with the translation for "swiper no swiping" though... It sounds like "dao dan gui bie dao dan" but I'm not having any luck finding any references in dictionaries, other than the one clue that dao is one of the words for "steal" and "bie" is don't ... Can someone give me the hanzi for this phrase?

• Like 1

Any idea if it's possible to get scripts in Chinese for Spongebob? It's brilliant but I'd love to get the bits I'm missing out on which is about 60%

Take any cartoon and Google a unique line from the script (something like "Spongebob, don't set fire to my shoes!", rather than "Good morning, everyone." If there's a transcript available anywhere, that'll find it. 

Or just post about it on here. Give us a link to the video and tell us which bits you find difficult. Someone's sure to help out. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I just want to add that I found a nice complete Youtube playlist with Chinese subtitles for

星游记 Xīng Yóujì - Rainbow Sea 

Click

to get to that Playlist.

Gūdōng the rabbi- erm, I meant to say, the king, just cracks me up!

post-51349-0-65956700-1389885723_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...