Chinese-Forums

What are your favorite websites/FBpages/etc.?

Eszter

For those of us who don't (currently) live in a Chinese-speaking environment, internet is a great source of information about the world of Chinese.

I have a few pages I visit regularly to keep myself updated about the latest events and also to get some inspiration for my teaching and learning.

Here are some of my favorites:

I like haohaoreport because they collect articles from many other pages and there's a wide variety of topics.

I also like to visit Hackingchinese avary now and then.

I loved Tealeafnation before, it's a little more mafan now that they are bought by foreignpolicy. The content is still good though.

For langauge practice I watch Chinese TV online, or I listen to slow-chinese or other podcasts.

On Facebook I like several pages,including the pages of slow-chinese and skritter.

What are your favorites? I would love to explore some other sites I haven't visited yet. 

新年快乐!

My favorites are all WeChat official accounts:

北大中文分馆 -So that I don't miss any interesting books. They usually list books by topic. Extremely useful;

利维坦 - Cool articles you won't find anywhere else;

明湖水 -Politics, history, society. If you want to know more about Chinese society - follow. Some of the articles make me question my decision to stay in China. Useful for people who have left China and want to keep up with what's going on;

母婴知识 - Food safety;

• Like 3

瘦身训练营 - Health;

素食星球 - All things vegetarian;

文汇教育 - All things 语文. Chinese language, reading, composition, education and learning;

学术中国 - 学术不是人品,也不是思想;

燕居古韵 - Ancient China;

藝術聯盟 - Arts and culture;

语言学午餐Ling-Lunch  - A lot of info on linguistics, especially linguistics in China. Includes articles on all the latest developments. However, they are not that selective and might publish 垃圾  right after they publish something that might change the way you think about language;

语言研究 - My favorite account. Much more selective than Ling-Lunch;

爱无界身心灵空间 - Spirituality;

爱无界之佛心禅语 - Buddhism. Curated by the account above. More on Buddhist art and meditation;

ART一点 -  Art, especially visual art. 

• Like 3

I just had trouble with it so I share: on your smartphone when you bring up wechat, you should see "official pages" on the page where you see all your contacts. If you open it you'll see nothing unless you have pages selected already. You need to click the plus sign on the right upper corner, then you can start searching for groups. 

Hope this helps!